New Jersey: Kean University

Guest Dylreynolds92

@mpa712Thanks so much for making this chat, I just sent a request to join. I interviewed last Wednesday (12/8) and was accepted on 12/9. I have a few questions and would love to be a part of the group. Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 7:44 PM, Adalexia said:

Greetings @zsb11 ! I was accepted to the program yesterday, and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the application/interview process. I do have some mixed feelings because the program is SO new. Would you be willing to share the mixed things you've heard about the program? I'm just trying to get as much perspective as possible, while I decide on whether I will submit a deposit or not. Thanks so much. 

Yes of course, message me if you don’t mind that’s probably easier!! 

Did you guys apply through CASPA as well as the Kean online supplemental? Also, the deadline is listed as January 15th but I am seeing people have already been accepted. Congratulations to you all. I am just wondering if applicants will be reviewed after the January deadline or have they already filled the class?

On 1/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, PrePA1411 said:

Did you guys apply through CASPA as well as the Kean online supplemental? Also, the deadline is listed as January 15th but I am seeing people have already been accepted. Congratulations to you all. I am just wondering if applicants will be reviewed after the January deadline or have they already filled the class?

https://www.kean.edu/academics/nathan-weiss-graduate-college/school-physician-assistant-studies/physician-assistant-0

I applied through CASPA and the supplemental like this page says. I think it saying in the FAQ that you don't have to apply through CASPA is an outdated error. Also, the January 15th deadline is for early decisions, the final deadline is April 1st. From my understanding, there haven't been many of us that have been accepted so there should be a decent amount of seats still open. I would apply if you're interested!

17 hours ago, Adenosine said:

https://www.kean.edu/academics/nathan-weiss-graduate-college/school-physician-assistant-studies/physician-assistant-0

I applied through CASPA and the supplemental like this page says. I think it saying in the FAQ that you don't have to apply through CASPA is an outdated error. Also, the January 15th deadline is for early decisions, the final deadline is April 1st. From my understanding, there haven't been many of us that have been accepted so there should be a decent amount of seats still open. I would apply if you're interested!

I wish they would update the website to make it more consistent. I'm sure it would save them time from answering the same questions over and over again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 5:13 PM, Mali22345 said:

@kmilchhello! I personally did not have an essay question for my virtual interview 

Hi! I interviewed back in December. There wasn't an option for a virtual interview and we had to complete the writing prompt before being interviewed (panel style). Is there a reason the standards have changed? I just think it's slightly unfair to the applicants who have already interviewed in person so I was genuinely just curious. Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:44 AM, Haleycola96 said:

Hi all! Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those with upcoming interviews! I just recently applied does anyone have an insight on how long after applying they heard back? 

Hello! I applied end of October, get an interview invite mid November, interviewed mid December, accepted the next day. 

58 minutes ago, PrePA1411 said:

When you guys applied did you get a confirmation email from Kean?

it took a few days to receive. Like 3-4 days after applying is when I received mine 

Hi all! Congrats to all the acceptances and I'm wishing the best of luck for all those with interviews!!

I wanted to share I applied on Jan 8th, got an email on Jan 28th with an invitation to do a virtual interview on march 23rd. Interviewed on zoom on March 23rd and got accepted via email the same day! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...