New Jersey: Kean University

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lala387 said:

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Also, how was the interview style like/how many faculty members were interviewing you?

Gpa: 3.7

Shadow hours: ~100

patient care hours: around 2000 

GRE: I was approaching 40th percentile

and interview style was a 10 minute essay prompt and a half hour interview with their 5 faculty members, and then a tour of the facility before I left. It was a pretty relaxed setting, but the five faculty interview was definitely a little intimidating! You will do great though! Good luck!

1 hour ago, Dylreynolds92 said:

@Adenosine wow congrats, that is so amazing and exciting! Do you have any interview tips/feedback !?

Be confident but humble and ready to admit your faults/weaknesses. Have stories ready to tell to make your responses more interesting. Stay lighthearted and make them laugh if you can. If you don't and they aren't the most enthusiastic when responding to you, don't panic. It doesn't mean you aren't doing well

I’ve been back and fourth about whether or not I should apply to this program. I hear mixed things and it’s hard for me to decide. If there are any current students or anyone that interviewed and got accepted who are also planning to apply, any feedback would be appreciated! I know they have one of the longer cycles so I just need some guidance. Being this is a fairly new program I’m not too sure what to expect. Please anyone feel free to leave your opinions.