Urgent Care offer - new grad

Thoughts/feedback on my UC new grad job offer - northwest WA state. 2-3 month 1:1 onboarding process with another APP with 10 yrs experience. Cover several UC clinics with about 30 min drives from the central location. Solo provider 50% of the time following training (FM onsite until 5pm - can message/call providers at other UC sites or on-call provider with questions). Avg 20-25 per shift - currently 40/60 telemed to clinic. Regular UC hours of 12pm-8pm. Can pick up additional acute Telemed from 8am-12pm.

Full time $60/hr - 64hr/pay period - (lots of opportunities to pick up to >40/wk @ 1.5x base)

5k relocation

full med/vision/dental/disability benefits

Scheduled every other weekend

Fully covered Malpractice + tail

401k up to 1.5% match of 3% yearly salary - vests after 1 year

CME $2500 - (no days given for CME) - 

Licensing and DEA covered

Starting at around 14 days PTO (based on hours worked and length of employment)- no paid holidays.

No additional sign-on/productivity/loan repayment.

Edited by Adubbs210

My only concern is solo coverage after a few months. What is your prior background? If you were an ER nurse, paramedic, Resp therapist, etc I would feel better about this because real emergencies do mistriage themselves to UC. I used to do some shifts at a local UC and ran several codes there, delivered babies, intubated several folks, cardioverted regularly, and treated heroin ODs on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

Couple months as an ER tech in an ED prior to school and med/surg CNA prior to that. 2 months of UC rotations as a student, experience with intubating and several codes (I ran one of them while preceptor was standing next to me) during ER rotation. A couple cardioversions, no ODs, couple babies on women's health rotation. Asked about this during interviews and they said it's very rare for serious walk-ins (besides occasional STEMI, etc) as the UC is run out of 3 rooms of the family medicine clinic. Closest hospital is 20 min drive.