Interviews

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do most people bring a guest to the first part of the day?

One young lady in our interview group did. It's only for the morning/tour session (a lot of families want to see the campus). That young lady either turned down or did not get accepted. However, in my first year I saw several candidates bring a guest (a couple ARE in this years class). Up to you, I also thought it was strange/ill advised but it did not hinder some. (clear as mud, I know)

There were two people in my interview group that brought guests (I was one of them and I did get in). They actually encourage it, since choosing a PA school can be a joint decision if you are married or are going to be moving specifically for school. My guest was actually the son of a friend who is looking into applying to PA school, and wanted to learn more about Duke. I didn't find it awkward at all, and since they actually offer, I don't believe it counts for or against you in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was put on the Duke University interview wait-list. Has anybody been offered a wait list spot and been accepted for an interview yet? I know they interview well into February, but I haven't heard either way. Like the great Tom Petty once said - the waiting is the hardest part!

Thanks & Good luck all!

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone who got accepted already send a thank you email/card? I just interviewed yesterday and I'm curious :)

I interviewed on a Tuesday, wrote a personalized message on each card that night, and stopped by the post office the next morning on my way to the airport... I got my acceptance email the following Monday. :wink:

Whether or not the thank you cards had any effect on their decision, I don't know. Regardless of the outcome, I wanted to send the cards not only to show professionalism but to show my gratitude for such a wonderful experience. The faculty/staff/students at Duke did a great job making me feel at home (which made me want to get accepted into Duke even more!!!)

In my opinion, send them ASAP! Even though it's ideal to get the cards in the recipients' hands before the adcomm meeting on Friday, it won't hurt to have a friendly reminder of who you are if you were to be "tabled" for the alternate list.

Hey dancinpa, can you give me an advice since you already got in. I interviewed already and i sent an email as a follow up to the program but didnt get any replies. Do you think this is a bad sign?

I don't think it's a bad sign...they're probably just busy. I had another interview right after the one at Duke so I ended up not having time to send thank-you's or an email and I still got an offer. I know the waiting is difficult though...good luck!!!

Archived