Fairleigh Dickinson University NJ (developing program)

35 minutes ago, Billsmafia17 said:

Hey! For those who have gotten interviews, do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure no problem, I think this program really looks at the applicant as a whole!

My stats 

Applied 7/5 previously verified 6/15

Undergrad UConn, Cum GPA : 3.51 Science GPA/BCP : 3.23

PCE 2200 ~ volunteer EMT, ER tech, Med surg PCT, Neuro/Trauma PCA

Shadowing 60 hours Neurology PA

Leadership ~ community outreach within my EMS department

Research ~ Schizophrenia lab at UConn

Extracurriculars: Club volleyball team and Pre PA club worked as a intramural referee during semesters 

Letters of Rec, Professor (did research under), volunteer EMS deputy chief, Clinical nurse leader from Neuro-trauma, and PA-C I shadowed

5 minutes ago, tdi99 said:

Hi everyone! I recieved an interview invitation today for 10/18! How is everyone feeling about interviews/about how many spots are left?

I really enjoyed the interview process, I felt like it was more of a conversation with the faculty than an actual interview. I was accepted 2 weeks later. I interviewed in late august. Hopefully we will hear about accreditation sometime next week! 

1 minute ago, cjp7899 said:

I really enjoyed the interview process, I felt like it was more of a conversation with the faculty than an actual interview. I was accepted 2 weeks later. I interviewed in late august. Hopefully we will hear about accreditation sometime next week! 

Congrats on the acceptance! I am glad to hear that it was more of a relaxed interview process, that makes it much easier trying to prepare for it. And yes, hearing about accreditation soon would be awesome!

On 9/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, Billsmafia17 said:

Hey! For those who have gotten interviews, do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! I interviewed back in January (Jan 26) and was accepted the first week of March. 

Here are my stats for those interested:

GPA: 3.7

science GPA: 3.2

GRE (verbal): 156

GRE (quantitative): 155

Shadowing: 120 hrs in the OR, 20 hrs in ED, 30 hrs clinical 

I had about 400 volunteer hours and about 1,000 hours of work experience in a healthcare setting (I was a sterile processing technician). I had no direct patient care experience! I also did about 2 years of neuroscience lab work, 1.5 yrs chemistry lab work, and 1.5 yrs demography research (all extracurricular). 

I hope that helps, feel free to ask me any questions! 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:07 PM, mkhan201 said:

Hey everyone! I applied in the middle of August and received an interview invitation today for 10/25.  Can you guys share what the interview is like.  Specific questions they ask or any tips for what to expand on.  I would really appreciate it since I am super nervous!

The interview process was pretty casual and everyone I spoke to was very friendly! Pretty much all of the questions were based on my experience, I’m pretty sure they all had a copy of my resume in front of them! I was put in a breakout room with 2-3 faculty members so they could ask me questions, most of which were about my research experience and my shadowing hours! They also asked me some questions about why I want to be a PA. This was by far my most relaxed interview so no need to be nervous!

• Like 1