2021-2022 Application Rotation

22 hours ago, fran4383 said:

Kalyssa - I interviewed the day before, on 10/6, but there was only one other hopeful in the interview. The timing of your responses made me think, perhaps, it was you. Well good luck to you!! Sounds like you've got a strong score, I'm sure you'll get in!

Bambs: I don't know the answer for certain, but I recall a few things from the admin discussion during the interview. The initial seat offers were to the upper quartile and they will have a couple of weeks to accept (first week of Dec?). As more interviews happen, if their scores fall above the upper quartile threshold they will also get seats offered right away. If they do not have enough early seats being accepted, they may move that number down to make more early offers (something like that; can't quite recall). Otherwise, applicants will receive offers at the formal "offer time" of early February, I believe (I think I saw that on Moodle somewhere, or an email). One thing I know FOR SURE: Kit said during the interview that as of right now (ie after the total scores are ranked) you can email her and request your rank number (not file score, but actual rank). If you're at the top or close to it (which I'm sure you will be at a 9.9), then you're quite assured to get an offer when interviews close in Jan/Feb. I think she'd even update you late December after even more interviews have come and gone, to make sure you're still in a strong position. Don't know if that helps, but good luck! (I bet I'll see you next August!)

So helpful thank you!!! I hope I do get to see you in August! 😬🤞🏻

On 11/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, sghampton said:

Hi- I haven't been offered an interview yet. My file score is 4.821. Is there any hope? Does anyone have any clue on how late they will offer lower file scores interviews? I'm not sure what to expect at all (rejection or interview offer).

I'm in the same boat, considering interviews have only been going on for a couple months, and they could go on to January or February there could definitely still be a chance. We'll just have to see if they continue to decrease the file score or not. You never know, it's hard to not get caught up looking through everyone else's posts! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, sghampton said:

Hi- I haven't been offered an interview yet. My file score is 4.821. Is there any hope? Does anyone have any clue on how late they will offer lower file scores interviews? I'm not sure what to expect at all (rejection or interview offer).

Hey! My score is a 4.926 and I just got offered an interview a couple days ago! Not sure how low they will go, but I got about 3 “we’re now interviewing ‘x’ score” emails before mine qualified. I think they’ll do interviews through February so there’s still plenty of time!

3 hours ago, Hannah23 said:

Hey! My score is a 4.926 and I just got offered an interview a couple days ago! Not sure how low they will go, but I got about 3 “we’re now interviewing ‘x’ score” emails before mine qualified. I think they’ll do interviews through February so there’s still plenty of time

they plan to interview 150 applicants and are halfway done with the actual interviews, per Kit. 

• 1 month later...

I received an email saying I was invited for an interview (Whoo Hoo!!). It was sent about two weeks ago and I have not received a call to schedule the interview.  Does anyone have an idea what the turnaround time is from email to phone call?   I know wiesem said the are interviewing into March but I’m worried they’ll pull my invite since it’s so late in the cycle.  FWIW I have reached out to the Kallee but have not heard back from her either 😬

On 12/16/2021 at 4:00 PM, Hannah23 said:

Hey! My score is a 4.926 and I just got offered an interview a couple days ago! Not sure how low they will go, but I got about 3 “we’re now interviewing ‘x’ score” emails before mine qualified. I think they’ll do interviews through February so there’s still plenty of time!

Hey 👋🏼 congrats!  How long did it take them to call you to schedule?

Edited by Bking123

30 minutes ago, Bking123 said:

Hey 👋🏼 congrats!  How long did it take them to call you to schedule?

Thank you! I actually emailed Kit the next morning and asked if I could schedule via email. She got back to me within a couple hours and gave me several dates through January to choose from. I just interviewed on Monday (1/24)! I would recommend reaching out to her and see if you can schedule that way!

50 minutes ago, Hannah23 said:

Thank you! I actually emailed Kit the next morning and asked if I could schedule via email. She got back to me within a couple hours and gave me several dates through January to choose from. I just interviewed on Monday (1/24)! I would recommend reaching out to her and see if you can schedule that way!

Shoot, I thought about this last week but figured I’d let them have their time.  Ugh, so nerve wracking.  I just sent an email so hopefully I will hear back soon. TY!

How did your interview go?  What are your thoughts on the format?

1 hour ago, Bking123 said:

Shoot, I thought about this last week but figured I’d let them have their time.  Ugh, so nerve wracking.  I just sent an email so hopefully I will hear back soon. TY!

How did your interview go?  What are your thoughts on the format?

Don't worry, I'm sure if they offered you an interview they aren't going to rescind it. Sounds like they still have plenty through next month and into the first week of March!

The interview went really well! There were two group based interviews with both faculty and staff, as well as the program coordinator Kit. We were given info about the program and allowed to ask questions. You also got three 15 minute one-on-one sessions with faculty members who asked you various questions. I found it very relaxed, and ultimately they just wanted to get to know you. Everyone was very kind! You also have the opportunity to sit in on one of their zoom lectures to kind of get a feel for how they teach. 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, Kalyssa said:

I’ve had several other interviews this cycle and by far ISU seemed to be the most accommodating and relaxed. Kit is beyond helpful in keeping everyone up to date on their rankings post interview. 

Yeah I interviewed last week, they were great. Kit kept cracking me up and my interviewers were very friendly, really helped me relax. My file score ended up in the high 9s, good luck to everybody else! 

Edited by SpruceGoose

Figured I'd post an update for those who haven't interviewed or received final scores yet. The current early offer threshold score is 9.95 and there have been 26 acceptances so far with another 12 offers pending. Beyond that, there are an additional 71 applicants in review so we're almost 3/4 the way through the process.

Edited by SpruceGoose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...