Ultrasound technologist wanting to go to school to be a PA

Hi everyone,

I’m an ultrasound technologist with over 22 years experience. I’m registered in OB/GYN, breast and abdomen. Recently one of the radiologists I work with suggested to me that I should become a PA. I’ve always wanted to take the next step in my career and becoming a PA would be that next great step. 
My background:

I graduated from an ultrasound program in 1999, I took all necessary pre-reqs at a community college to enter the ultrasound program and I was just a few credits shy of an associates. What will I need to complete before even considering applying to a PA school. I’m also in Connecticut so any recommendations for local school is appreciated. 

Thank you so much!

If you don't have a bachelors then that's the first step. Then whatever pre requisites you do have done generally have, but not always, a 7-10 year expiration. Then GRE/PA-CAT if needed.

Then apply via CASPA. Also, generally if the pre requisites were not for "pre med" students then alot of places will not accept them (but not always the case).

Edited by KuchiKopi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...