Yeshiva University

On 2/27/2022 at 2:15 AM, JMB0610 said:

Hi everyone!

I started a private Facebook group titled “Yeshiva University PA class of 2024” if anyone is interested in joining. I thought this might be a good place for us to get to know each other and discuss various topics as we get geared up for the fall. 

Careful.....the school has people who will infiltrate forums and groups like that, pretending to be students to positively advertise for the program and even worse-spy on students....

A true police state.

This is all second hand of course. From an internet stranger so take it with a grain of salt

Edited by BronxForLifeYeah
Grammar and formatting
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Wanted to ask if anyone else felt like the interview process was a tad haphazard ? Also have acceptances gone out yet?

I'm a little frustrated with the admission process, I know there has to be some issues with a new school but I feel like there's not a lot of professionalism or good clear communication compared to other schools. Yes it's a new program sure but in an established school that has the resources to properly stand up the program and improve the process for the second cohort. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, JMB0610 said:

Hey everyone! First time poster here... I have waited 4 years and 3 application cycles to start this new journey in my life and I am over the moon excited as I have been interviewed and accepted to this program!

I live in California currently, so I'm a bit intimidated about moving across the country. Does anyone have suggestions for housing? I am also trying to decide if I'll need a vehicle out there. 

Thanks in advance!

Hey @JMB0610 can you share any housing options if you got any recommendations? Could be valuable for future students! 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:58 AM, PAapplicant123 said:

This program is relatively new, does anyone have any insight on this program? What happens if their provision accreditation does not pass?

Curious about this as well, I did ask about how their program has been so far, and how confident they are about going from provisional to perm/full accreditation.

I'm not sure if this is a faux pas but I felt like the room got really weird and they sort of got snappy with me. One woman asked if I was even knowledgeable enough about the accreditation process to understand intelligently if they shared it with me which is presumptuous since I'm not even accepted yet.

I'm sure there's high-level details that will go over my head but I think it warrants a quick summary or something....Anyone here have insight? I don't want to get caught with my pants down.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful but I followed my sisters example, she went to FDU Pharm school when they opened around a decade ago, and asked the same question, what the school was doing to stay open, they were fine. Maybe it's how I asked...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:51 PM, PaGal2021 said:

Anyone hear back? Not sure how they are conducting interviews because it seems like it’s pretty random 

Yeah my exp differs from someone I met on the forum, but I think it's good to randomize, when you have a standard format, I think people can prep based on word of mouth, but if it's adaptive, then you force the student to I guess be on their toes, no one knows what to expect and that ensures more honesty? Idk if my rationale makes sense

That said I had a panel format(ish), questions were all over the place, and questions weren't asked equally, was really one person speaking for the most part hence why I said (ish) not a proper panel like other schools

On 1/22/2022 at 8:03 AM, TaylorC17 said:

Has anyone committed yet? Does anyone know how many students have committed for the fall 2022 class?

Curious myself, Anyone know how big the Fall 2022 class will be?

I'm told the previous class was 30 but went down to 20, does that mean the Fall 2022 will have extra spots to compensate? 

I also imagine each class would get larger as demand for healthcare increases every year, and as the program matures they can scale up if that makes sense.

Also more spots means higher likelihood I can get in 🙂 so regardless of reasons hoping for more spots this Fall LOL

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:45 PM, patelp said:

I haven't heard a single word from this school yet, should I follow up? 

It's good to keep in contact (don't bug them every day) but like, weekly engagements is good. Shows interest and doesn't turn you into an annoyance IMO, I've been checking in weekly but not Mon/Fri since folks are either recovering from the weekend or getting ready for it. So Tues/Wed/Thur

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PharoahsWho said:

Wanted to ask if anyone else felt like the interview process was a tad haphazard ? Also have acceptances gone out yet?

I'm a little frustrated with the admission process, I know there has to be some issues with a new school but I feel like there's not a lot of professionalism or good clear communication compared to other schools. Yes it's a new program sure but in an established school that has the resources to properly stand up the program and improve the process for the second cohort. 

if you found the interview process haphazard wait till you start LMFAO 

20 hours ago, PharoahsWho said:

Curious myself, Anyone know how big the Fall 2022 class will be?

I'm told the previous class was 30 but went down to 20, does that mean the Fall 2022 will have extra spots to compensate? 

I also imagine each class would get larger as demand for healthcare increases every year, and as the program matures they can scale up if that makes sense.

Also more spots means higher likelihood I can get in 🙂 so regardless of reasons hoping for more spots this Fall LOL

OK few points to address

-School is growing slowly so expect around 35 kids next group but probably 30, biggest issue isn't "ok we need X number of spots for Y students" we have plenty of applicants but I think filling even 30 spots will be a problem. Word on the street is the school has noticed they have somehow developed a "safety school" perception from students, plenty of people are getting interviewed and accepted here but choosing to attend their actual choice in the end. YU is finding out it's just a consolation prize and they are pissed. They're looking to try to have a negative yield admission process-Basically instead of just accepting the best they'll reject students with too good metrics to avoid just being a notch on their belt. Basically if you're too good to be true, too good to just come here willy-nilly without a real reason probably expect to be rejected. Interviewing is a laborious process and expensive (although we make revenue from application fees but shhh) so they probably want to make sure energy and resources are being leverages appropriately. 

-Yes current class went from 30 down to ~20. Faculty don't seem to mind, so I think it's normal, sort of a periodic slash and burn. Bottom students are removed. It's unfortunate though, because every point matters. You can have an 80 average but if you're the worst student in the class, bye-bye. I appreciate the kick in the ass but most think it should be as long as you're not failing you should stay. Idk. I anticipate we will be down to 15 students by the time we do rotations. Not great that 50% are likely to be failed out but I've accepted this is just healthcare. The best of the best go on. You take a gamble coming in just as you do anywhere. You take a gamble when you get into your car. You took a gamble when you went to undergrad, there was no guarantee you'd make it out. So honestly gambling on this school is no different IMO. 

-Healthcare demand increases sure but it isn't on YU to address that need, every school should slowly add seats, not just one school and they certainly shouldn't add a seat to offset the students they fail out, because then each class would be different sizes, what happens next year if no one fails? Then the next cohort may need to shrink....and then if too many fail the following class would suddenly go up? It would also make rotation planning a nightmare if you had to keep adapting to each class size.

• Like 1

Guest PrePAPath01

Hey everyone- I just withdrew my seat since I got into my top program! So hope this gives a chance to someone that has Yeshiva as their top choice. Best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...