Yeshiva University

On 1/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, Chi99 said:

I also haven't heard back since November. I've been emailing and calling for months but I haven't gotten a response about my application. Should I assume that there are no more interviews/acceptances since I have yet to recieve a response?

I applied/verified on 9/16 and never got confirmation. I reached out via email to the program beginning of December and heard a reply exactly a month later. They said my app is still under review and they are still interviewing.

Hey everyone! First time poster here... I have waited 4 years and 3 application cycles to start this new journey in my life and I am over the moon excited as I have been interviewed and accepted to this program!

I live in California currently, so I'm a bit intimidated about moving across the country. Does anyone have suggestions for housing? I am also trying to decide if I'll need a vehicle out there. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by JMB0610

Hi all! I got an interview to Yeshiva on 1/13 and was accepted on 1/18. When I accepted my seat I saw that I was the 35th student. Obviously they account for deferrals and people choosing other programs but I thought this info might help others know if Yeshiva is close to their cap. 

I've been applying to programs for four years so I'm so excited to finally be entering one!

On 1/24/2022 at 4:27 PM, RebeccaM said:

Hi, does anyone know what the style for the interview is? I got an email inviting me to an interview and it mentioned that I will have to complete an assignment after meeting the faculty. Has anyone done this before? If so, do you mind explaining what exactly that means?

Thanks in advance!

In my experience it was similar to a job interview: learn about the program, share a little about yourself, answer questions about strengths/weaknesses/passions, very straightforward interview questions. Overall felt like they wanted to learn more about me. It's a much shorter and more causal interview than for other programs I've had. 

15 hours ago, CarinG said:

In my experience it was similar to a job interview: learn about the program, share a little about yourself, answer questions about strengths/weaknesses/passions, very straightforward interview questions. Overall felt like they wanted to learn more about me. It's a much shorter and more causal interview than for other programs I've had. 

I just had my interview today and it was really different from yours. After asking a couple of traditional questions, they gave me a scenario and asked how I would react and then read an article and asked me questions on the article as well as a question about what I would have done on that situation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied very late in the cycle last year as I didn't find out the program existed until like 5 days before the deadline. Long story short, I applied for Fall 2021 admission and received an interview invite 5 days after I submitted my application, interviewed about a week or so after that, got waitlisted, & didn't get off of the waitlist for Fall 2021. I applied for Fall 2022 admission on like 7/20/21 & haven't received any real updates from then since that date besides them verifying that my application was received & them telling me about 2-3 times over the course of these many months that my application "Is still under review". Like they should just send rejection letters as they reject ppl not wait months to send them, not that I'm pessimistic or anything. Anyway I've now done 6 PA school interviews total & have a 7th for a hybrid PA program coming up (second week of march). I've already received 2 acceptances from other programs so I'm not feeling too hopeful about Yeshiva but wish everyone goodluck.

Hi all,

I applied to the Yeshiva PA Program quite late in the cycle somewhere around Thanksgiving. I received an invitation mid Jan to interview on Jan 28th. Today, I received a letter of acceptance. Just thought I'd keep those of you informed who are still waiting for responses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kmh1125 said:

Hi all,

I applied to the Yeshiva PA Program quite late in the cycle somewhere around Thanksgiving. I received an invitation mid Jan to interview on Jan 28th. Today, I received a letter of acceptance. Just thought I'd keep those of you informed who are still waiting for responses. 

Congrats! I applied before thanksgiving and I have yet to recieve any type of update. I don't know if they are still doing interviews or not. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please don’t go to that school

This is second hand knowledge from a close friend

Timeline is simple

-They Applied

-They got in here first

-They got Excited

-They did no research out of excitement, was just happy to be accepted

-They started program and have been constantly abused since, mentally, and emotionally 

Please avoid if you respect yourself and don’t want to experience what it’s like in prison

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/22/2021 at 1:58 AM, PAapplicant123 said:

This program is relatively new, does anyone have any insight on this program? What happens if their provision accreditation does not pass?

This place is a mess,  this mixed-bag of random faculty that YU assembled together for this partially planned out PA program, students are just getting yelled at and faculty play favorites, not a meritocracy, but a battle of who can kiss the moss A*s without chapping their lips

Would be surprised if it maintained accreditation, almost half the students have left....anonymously submitted a report of the poor conditions to one of the governing bodies let's see what happens....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1