I just wanted to get this thread started for this cycle. Submitted app on 5/26 and got verified the day after on CASPA. GRE and Casper scores have already been delivered to the program, however, I have yet to receive the supplemental application to access MyStar portal.

Best of luck!!!

Edited by amazingIam242
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, houpa2023 said:

Hey guys! Has anyone received any confirmation/myStar/supplement emails yet? I am looking back at last year’s thread and am getting a little nervous. I submitted 05/22 and verified 05/24. My GRE and CASPER have been received as well. 

Hi! I think everyone is in the same boat as far as waiting for the confirmation of the applications/supplemental fee links, even from other Texas schools.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, allison13 said:

It looks like last year people had gotten access to MyStar already, anyone heard anything?

Nothing yet! I submitted 05/06. Via the Pre-PA Club on Facebook, another applicant emailed the school two weeks ago and was told the program will start reviewing applications "within the next week or so" (their words). So hopefully it is soon!

Hi everyone!! My application to UTMB has been verified by CASPA for over a month, I've completed the supplemental application, I've paid the supplemental application fee, and I received the MyStar emails today (& made the MyStar account today too). My GRE was received a while ago as well. I took my CASPer test 6/03 and some schools have emailed confirmation that they received my CASPer scores. Will UTMB do the same? I was getting concerned that they hadn't received my CASPer scores, but on MyStar it says that my application status is "complete".

Do y'all think I'm good to go? I've also already triple checked & CASPer sent the scores to UTMB so they should've gotten them? I'm just wondering whether UTMB will confirm they received the CASPer scores. Thanks y'all! I appreciate any input 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Wesley said:

Hey guys I’m a current student at UTMB (but I just started didactic year), and I’ll try to answer any questions that I can!

Hi! I was wondering how you would describe the method of learning at UTMB? To be more clear, does the program rely on students to find the necessary info outside of class through external resources like textbooks, web, etc. or does it rely on given classroom materials such as lecture ppts, assigned reading etc.? (Pretty much do you think students have to learn on their own or is it the traditional guided process of instructors teaching students what they need to know)

thanks!!

On 8/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, earielusting said:

Hi! I was wondering how you would describe the method of learning at UTMB? To be more clear, does the program rely on students to find the necessary info outside of class through external resources like textbooks, web, etc. or does it rely on given classroom materials such as lecture ppts, assigned reading etc.? (Pretty much do you think students have to learn on their own or is it the traditional guided process of instructors teaching students what they need to know)

thanks!!

So far, they have really emphasized reviewing the PowerPoint and textbooks as far as studying for the tests. The lectures are essentially them reading off the slides with a little bit of extra information, and then they recommend reading the textbooks as well. The class above me put together an amazing Google Drive that has some excellent charts/diagrams/study guides made by previous students, so there is a plethora of resources and study material! We have lectures most days, so it seems like it’s more of the “instructors teaching what students need to know” like you mentioned, plus additional studying of course. Does that answer your question?

• Upvote 2

On 8/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, Wesley said:

So far, they have really emphasized reviewing the PowerPoint and textbooks as far as studying for the tests. The lectures are essentially them reading off the slides with a little bit of extra information, and then they recommend reading the textbooks as well. The class above me put together an amazing Google Drive that has some excellent charts/diagrams/study guides made by previous students, so there is a plethora of resources and study material! We have lectures most days, so it seems like it’s more of the “instructors teaching what students need to know” like you mentioned, plus additional studying of course. Does that answer your question?

Yes it did thank you!! If you don’t mind me asking another question: how was it like being a UTMB student during COVID? What did the institution implement to keep students safe and engaged in the material/training?

On 8/4/2021 at 12:57 PM, earielusting said:

Yes it did thank you!! If you don’t mind me asking another question: how was it like being a UTMB student during COVID? What did the institution implement to keep students safe and engaged in the material/training?

Well I’ve only been a student here for one month now, so I didn’t see everything they did last year during the peak of Covid! However, cases are rising very quickly right now, and they just reduced the classroom capacity to 50%. This forced us to start having lectures in a different building so that we could still attend in-person. There is a Zoom option for people that have symptoms of Covid. We have to wear masks on campus right now as well.