Interviews for class of 2015

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allison- I have an interview in mid-November. Did you have 2 one on one interviews? Any info would be appreciated as it is one of my top choices!!

I had one interview with the program director and a current RFUMS PA student. To specify, they both were asking me questions simultaneously in the same room. It was really relaxed, and they let me know I was accepted in less than a week. All in all, I think you will be very impressed with the program. I would recommend you come with questions in hand because you'll have an opportunity to meet many folks throughout the day who are more than happy to answer them for you. Best of luck to you!

The interview is with one first-year student and one faculty member (it's about a 30 minute interview) both asked questions. from what I heard from the other people at the interview, all obvious questions were asked "why do you want to be a PA, how do you handle stress, what do you have to offer your classmates (what makes you unique) and more of those type of standard questions, and one moral/ethical question". It was an informative but very relaxing day including a group tour and a presentation about the school. It is such an amazing program and the school is so unique- having over 30 health graduate programs. The campus is great too!

Like people have posted previously, they email you extending the offer to interview and there will be about 30 people at each interview cycle. One week to 10 days later they might email you with an offer. (I interviewed oct 12th and most people got their acceptance letters oct 19 but -don't be discouraged if you don't get it exactly one week later, seeing as I got my acceptance via email oct 23rd)

A week after my email I got a letter of intent in the mail with more information about accepting the seat in the class.

(I also got the 2016 typo- which the admissions director told me to change to 2015 and initial the change)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I was just accepted today! Let's see...my stats. Do you want the long or the short version? :) I have a BA in Athletic Training from North Central College (it's a D3 in IL), an MS in Athletic Training from A.T. Still University in Mesa, AZ. I have a really average GRE score, nothing to write home about...obviously not enough for me to remember, ha! 3.79 undergrad GPA, 3.92 grad. school GPA...I think 3.7 or 3.8 science. I have about 8,000 direct patient contact hours as an AT (I'm 27 and have been practicing for 5 years.) I think that's about all that you might want to know? Oh, and I believe I saw you post about interview dates...I think they have another one in January. I got an email from them in October for an interview in November (about 6 week time lapse.) My application was verified long before that but it seems that they have a ridiculous amount of applicants as well. Please let me know if you have any other questions! Or maybe shoot them an e-mail and just verify that they have everything they need and if they don't, please don't hesitate to contact you with questions? Sometimes it's just nice to reach out and check. You're the only one that can fight to get yourself into PA school. You can do it!

Hey all, I just created a Facebook group if you are interested in joining and getting to know each other a bit before May! I named it 'Rosalind Franklin Physician Assistant Class of 2015'. Let me know if there are problems finding it, I've never made a group before... so I hope it worked fine! haha

Does anyone have any idea when Rosalind will be having the next round of interviews??? :) Hoping to hear something soon!! :/

Hey, I just looked back at my e-mail and they said they typically interview in six sessions, about 30-40 people in each session (that's about right) and I know they started in September. They should be having two more sessions! I hope you get an interview! I know it can be difficult waiting it all out.

Currently on the waitlist and hoping to be part of the Class of 2015!! If anyone has decided on other schools please notify RFUMS to make some room for those of us on the wait list! Thanks!! :)

Hey balyak! I just wanted to give you a little encouragement and remind you that nearly half of the people in the final class are from the waitlist. I remember seeing stats on their powerpoint for the past several years with just over 30 people all from the waitlist. And I can guarantee that there are some of those who are accepted that are still waiting on the shuffling around of other institutions. I still haven't heard back officially from another institution who still calls me a "competitive applicant" and given the fact that most schools are giving people two week timeframes to accept...you have to wait on those decisions. It also forces accepted applicants to hold their spots with deposits when they might not end up attending a school. So, keep the faith, I know it sucks waiting but hopefully after the new year when schools are back in session people will start making their decisions!

Archived