Prerequisite Help!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight/recommendations on if I should withdraw from a course or not. I am currently a second semester freshman and I am debating whether or not to drop my organic I chemistry class. I am conflicted because last semester I got a C in gen chem I and I do not want to risk another damaging C to my GPA, but I understand that a W on my transcript is also not good. I am also afraid that PA schools will see that I struggle in chemistry regardless of if I end with a C or W on my transcript. 

Last semester I managed to finish with a 3.312 GPA (4 A's, 2 B's, and one C), whereas this semester I am on track with finishing with all A's and one B (not including my possible grade of a C in organic chemistry). I hope this shows that I have been able to improve my overall grades from my first semester all while obtaining my EMT certification. But again, this is no excuse for a low grade in my organic chemistry class. 

I believe my overall grade is around 75 (the homeworks have not been added into the grade yet, nor the final). 

Have I damaged my chances at PA school? Should I drop the class, continue with it, or take a Pass/Fail option? Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!

If you're getting close to the end of your semester you may want to check what your school's policy is. Many schools will put WC showing you withdrew and had a C at that time. So if that were the case then they would see your C anyway. One C isn't going to ruin your chances as long as you keep your GPA up in the other science classes.

Edited by browens3pa

24 minutes ago, browens3pa said:

If you're getting close to the end of your semester you may want to check what your school's policy is. Many schools will put WC showing you withdrew and had a C at that time. So if that were the case then they would see your C anyway. One C isn't going to ruin your chances as long as you keep your GPA up in the other science classes.

I read the academic deadlines/policies of my school and I don't think we do that. There is no information regarding that, only that we can withdraw from a course with a "W"!

I would take a "clean" W over yet another C.

I think this episode might be a good lesson for you to not trying to do too much and put your grades in jeopardy.  Why take an EMT class at the same time you are trying to get yourself established in school? (Why not a nice summer EMT course ?)  Why take organic if you don't have a good handle yet in gen chem?

Take the time to do things right and don't try to rush yourself through life. It's a better ride and you'll probably do better as well. Once you start stacking the As, you can start adding activities, like volunteering or HCE or whatever.

Good luck!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UGoLong said:

I would take a "clean" W over yet another C.

I think this episode might be a good lesson for you to not trying to do too much and put your grades in jeopardy.  Why take an EMT class at the same time you are trying to get yourself established in school? (Why not a nice summer EMT course ?)  Why take organic if you don't have a good handle yet in gen chem?

Take the time to do things right and don't try to rush yourself through life. It's a better ride and you'll probably do better as well. Once you start stacking the As, you can start adding activities, like volunteering or HCE or whatever.

Good luck!

Unfortunately they don't have summer courses for EMT in my area! This was the best opportunity for me since my classes were online and I was at home.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!