Mississippi State University - Meridian: 2021-2022 Cycle

On 9/28/2021 at 12:32 PM, medworldpa said:

We were told in our interview session that we would hear back on the 1st, but I know some have received acceptance offers. Congrats, by the way! Has anybody heard anything back this week one way or another? 

I interviewed on the 20th and was accepted on the 29th. 

42 minutes ago, MadiReese said:

Congrats everyone!!!! Excited for the upcoming cohort! Here is some housing info. I hope this find you well and helps navigate the process. Please let me know if there is more I can help with as i will be the incoming class coordinator. Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommend y'all to create a Facebook group so that y'all can find someone to bunk with in your class. You all may add me, so i can be an aide with questions. 

Contact MSU student services rep: Skye Hamilton 

Here is some direction into finding housing here in meridian, MS

Keep on the lookout for houses to rent as people are constantly moving in and out of town with a military base being nearby--> Zillow 

From personal experience here are my recommendations after learning more about the city: (I would also recommend coming to town to look at apartments, as some do not look like the pictures) 

Recommendation--> STAY NORTH OF I-20**

Apartments in safer areas:

·        Woodlands (601-621-4912)

·        Azalea Park 1 (601-486-4094)

·        New Meridian Estates (601-483-1414)

·        Northwood (833-200-9508)

·        Rose & Sons town houses in Marion, MS (601-453-3032)

•  Only a 15min drive to school
  •   Multiple bedroom options

Downtown options: Be cautious as downtown has an increased homeless population, several students live downtown but just  be aware

·        Lofts Downtown --> contact Sonya Ross (601-513-3145)

•  Company venture
  •   Other avenues I would be to look on Airbnb

·        Wrigley Lofts ->front st across from union station

Not so good areas:

·        Oak Manor

·        Landmark Apartment homes

·        North hill manor apartments

·        Regency apartments

·        Stratford manor apartments

I made a facebook group for all who were accepted. The link is below 🙂

Congrats to all! I can't wait to officially meet everyone. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268835058353556/

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MadiReese said:

Congrats everyone!!!! Excited for the upcoming cohort! Here is some housing info. I hope this find you well and helps navigate the process. Please let me know if there is more I can help with as i will be the incoming class coordinator. Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommend y'all to create a Facebook group so that y'all can find someone to bunk with in your class. You all may add me, so i can be an aide with questions. 

Contact MSU student services rep: Skye Hamilton 

Here is some direction into finding housing here in meridian, MS

Keep on the lookout for houses to rent as people are constantly moving in and out of town with a military base being nearby--> Zillow 

From personal experience here are my recommendations after learning more about the city: (I would also recommend coming to town to look at apartments, as some do not look like the pictures) 

Recommendation--> STAY NORTH OF I-20**

Apartments in safer areas:

·        Woodlands (601-621-4912)

·        Azalea Park 1 (601-486-4094)

·        New Meridian Estates (601-483-1414)

·        Northwood (833-200-9508)

·        Rose & Sons town houses in Marion, MS (601-453-3032)

•  Only a 15min drive to school
  •   Multiple bedroom options

Downtown options: Be cautious as downtown has an increased homeless population, several students live downtown but just  be aware

·        Lofts Downtown --> contact Sonya Ross (601-513-3145)

•  Company venture
  •   Other avenues I would be to look on Airbnb

·        Wrigley Lofts ->front st across from union station

Not so good areas:

·        Oak Manor

·        Landmark Apartment homes

·        North hill manor apartments

·        Regency apartments

·        Stratford manor apartments

Thank you so much!! 

On 10/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, kands4Lyfe said:

Does anyone know when school starts?

You will get an official packet in the mail with the date to report. But you will start oreintation then move into lecture the following week. 

For example, last year we started on a wednesday for orientation the first week of Jan., then lecture started on the following Monday. Of course with it being a new year this could vary some. But I would at least anticipate the first week of Jan. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GLoPA95 said:

I am thinking about applying but don’t know if it’s too late in the cycle? 

There are several programs that have not reached their deadlines yet. If you have not started your CASPA, finished your personal statement, or requested LOR's, I would get on that horse quick because it is very time consuming. Either way I would recommend starting your CASPA application now because then you are one step ahead should you wait to apply next cycle.

If you want to find programs still "open" I would highly recommend mypabox. There is a subscription fee, but it is BY FAR the best resource I have ever seen or used for finding schools.

• Like 2