post bacc caspa

Hey. I have a question about caspa gpa calculation. I finished my Bachelor's degree but have a low caspa science gpa. Now I went back to a community college as a post bacc and are taking some new and are retaking some old science classes.

My question is that would the post bacc science classes get factored into the BCP gpa just like the undergraduate classes were. Is this a good route to increase my gpa.? I don't want to be wasting time and money if these classes don't get counted.I have heard that post bacc classes have a different column. I have 3.01 science gpa and after taking post bacc classes i can push the sgpa to a 3.4. 

Please let me know thanks

All of your science pre/post bacc will get calculated into your CASPA sGPA. As for retaking courses, you need to see if the grade you already received is adequate and/or competitive for the program. You can find posts on the specifics of raising your gpa and if it is worth the cost/time or not. Any new science courses will help raise your sGPA.                           

On 1/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, iabe35 said:

Hey. I have a question about caspa gpa calculation. I finished my Bachelor's degree but have a low caspa science gpa. Now I went back to a community college as a post bacc and are taking some new and are retaking some old science classes.

My question is that would the post bacc science classes get factored into the BCP gpa just like the undergraduate classes were. Is this a good route to increase my gpa.? I don't want to be wasting time and money if these classes don't get counted.I have heard that post bacc classes have a different column. I have 3.01 science gpa and after taking post bacc classes i can push the sgpa to a 3.4. 

Did you apply for financial aid for your postbacc?

13 hours ago, iabe35 said:

No I am not eligible for financial aid since this is my second degree .

13 hours ago, iabe35 said:

No I am not eligible for financial aid since this is my second degree .

I’m not eligible either. But I need to take those prerequisites . Did you apply for private loans or did you pay out of pocket?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, iabe35 said:

I was in the same place as you for the 2020-2021 cycle and retook all my expired courses at community college and yes they get factored in just expect it to take awhile. Your postbac classes will be factored into your overall GPA, science, BCP and post bacc section.