PA students and COVID vaccinations

Have any PA students on clinical rotations received a COVID vaccination either through their placement or through their PA program? Do you know of any healthcare students receiving the vaccination? Can you point me to any documentation verifying this?

I ask because the CDC recently updated its definition of healthcare personnel as:

Healthcare personnel include all paid and unpaid persons serving in healthcare settings who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials.

Students and trainees are included in this expansive list found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/hcp.html.

I'm currently a second year PA student on clinical rotations at a hospital and finding that healthcare students are being left out of the vaccination conversation. We have contacted our program who admits to not having a vaccination plan. I have contacted my hospital placement who, at the time, didn't consider students as within their purview since we are not employed or paid by the hospital system. Healthcare students don't seem to have a place in line despite risking exposure. I'm trying to gauge what's happening in the rest of the country and if other states and/or PA programs are being more proactive in advocating for their students to receive vaccinations.

Thankful for any info.

The medical center in the town my program is in will be giving it to students there for rotations. Otherwise, our clinical director told us to contact local health departments for the vaccine. I'm in Memphis, TN for rotations and me and a classmate got the Moderna vaccine 2 counties away.

• Like 1