Did I blow my chances of applying for PA school?

Hi guys... I’m still not sure if this type of question is allowed but it’s worth a shot since I’m desperate for guidance.

I’m an undergrad senior a semester from graduation planning on applying for PA schools in the upcoming years. I was recently hit with the academic integrity for posting exam questions on chegg to find solutions to our open book, open notes exam. My professor had determine to give me an FF for the class, I have to retake the class, and an AI* (for academic integrity) will be on my official transcript. 

I really need some guidance and advance right now as I am not sure if I blew my chances of ever going to PA school. I feel like I shoot myself in the foot with this one. Anyone here got accepted with such misconduct? What can I do? Any help and recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, admit that you did something wrong. Reading between the lines, I'm not sure you're there yet. It isn't the instructor's fault; it's yours. That it was an open book test means nothing. It isn't just that you might have messed up your chance of getting into PA school but that you demonstrated a lack of integrity. 

After that, it's time to make amends. As to what happens in the future, no one knows. The bigger question is what kind of person to do you want to be?  Answer that and the road ahead will make more sense. Second chances abound, once the lesson is truly learned.

Good luck.

• Upvote 4

On 12/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, mirlynn990 said:

I was recently hit with the academic integrity for posting exam questions on chegg to find solutions to our open book, open notes exam. My professor had determine to give me an FF for the class, I have to retake the class, and an AI* (for academic integrity) will be on my official transcript. 

I really need some guidance and advance right now as I am not sure if I blew my chances of ever going to PA school. I feel like I shoot myself in the foot with this one. Anyone here got accepted with such misconduct? What can I do? Any help and recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Agree with the above. Your language speaks as though you partially feel victimized. You cheated on college institution exam, just admit it. That’s terrible. Academic integrity=personal integrity. I don’t however think your chances are completely extinguished. You may have greater difficulty however. More importantly you need to figure out how to be honest with yourself and everyone else because ^^^ won’t fly if you have to explain it.

• Upvote 1