11/21/20 Spokane Interview

Wanted to start a group for those invited to interview on 11/21 via Zoom. Almost embarrassed to say but this will be my 3rd year interviewing! Hoping 3rd times a charm. It’s been very helpful to meet fellow interviewees before the big day, so hoping we can set up a zoom meeting for us to all meet! I’d suggest doing it on 11/20 unless that doesn’t work for most. Very excited! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kjgrover32 said:

Where is everyone from nd what re your backgrounds?

I'm from Boise Idaho area and work in medical imaging. I have been working in x Ray the last few years.

I’m from Coeur d’ Alene and have been a scribe, patient care tech and now a medical assistant. 

I’m also interviewing this date and would love to do a meet and greet the day before via zoom! I live on the north side of Spokane and work at two local hospitals as a speech language pathologist. This is my first time applying to PA school. I have a home and family here, and I plan to stay in Spokane long term.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Karen Alexander

Excited and nervous to interview with you all in 20 days... Does anyone know about how many people are interviewed in each group and how they break down the schedule for the day? I was not able to attend the information sessions last fall so I fell doubly nervous because I am certain there was information provided that I very much wish I had gotten. CC background... We live about an hour south of Spokane in a tiny little farming community. I work another hour south of there in a CAH as an NOC NAC and ER Tech. I would love to meet on the 20th if later in the day is possible?

Hi all! 
I was also invited to interview for this date in Spokane and would love to meet people before hand! I was born in rural Eastern Wa, and have grown up in the Spokane area my whole life. I am currently living in Portland as my husband finishes school at OHSU, then we plan to move back to the Spokane area and settle down. I have worked as an EMT, MA and am now educating patients as an exercise physiologist In cardiopulmonary rehab 🙂  This is my first time applying and first interview so definitely feeling the nerves! Good luck to all and I look forward to meeting you all! 

Kate

Edited by KateK

On 11/1/2020 at 3:27 AM, Aroohoo said:

Excited and nervous to interview with you all in 20 days... Does anyone know about how many people are interviewed in each group and how they break down the schedule for the day? I was not able to attend the information sessions last fall so I fell doubly nervous because I am certain there was information provided that I very much wish I had gotten. CC background... We live about an hour south of Spokane in a tiny little farming community. I work another hour south of there in a CAH as an NOC NAC and ER Tech. I would love to meet on the 20th if later in the day is possible?

Hey Congrats! I’m happy to talk about and answer any questions I can during the zoom meet and greet since I have some experience with these interviews, but of course I’ve never done one over zoom so it might be a little different. I can’t remember how many people are in each group but I’d guesstimate about 30, and it was a very long day but enjoyable. They do group interviews with 2 interviewers and 3 applicants at a time. You have 3 of these throughout the day.

I typed up a list of questions and tips about the interview from the info session. Just thought I would share for anyone who was interested. It’s pretty basic.

I also heard from someone who interviewed at the last session that it was heavy on medical ethics. I found this online question bank (https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/100-medical-school-mmi-interview-ethical-questions--scenarios.html) that seems like a good resource for preparing for this part of the interview.

What time should we zoom on the 20th? 

Karen

PA Interview Questions.docx

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KarenAlexander said:

I typed up a list of questions and tips about the interview from the info session. Just thought I would share for anyone who was interested. It’s pretty basic.

I also heard from someone who interviewed at the last session that it was heavy on medical ethics. I found this online question bank (https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/100-medical-school-mmi-interview-ethical-questions--scenarios.html) that seems like a good resource for preparing for this part of the interview.

What time should we zoom on the 20th? 

Karen

PA Interview Questions.docx 13.52 kB · 2 downloads

Great resources! Thank you!

On 10/21/2020 at 9:51 AM, Kelsi said:

Wanted to start a group for those invited to interview on 11/21 via Zoom. Almost embarrassed to say but this will be my 3rd year interviewing! Hoping 3rd times a charm. It’s been very helpful to meet fellow interviewees before the big day, so hoping we can set up a zoom meeting for us to all meet! I’d suggest doing it on 11/20 unless that doesn’t work for most. Very excited! 

Kelsi, what time are you thinking to zoom on Friday? Later in the evening works best for me but I am flexible that day. Thanks!

Hello all, I also have an interview on the 21st! Very excited. I am a reapplicant. I interviewed last year, but did not get a seat. I am an RT and have worked at Sacred Heart for the last 10 years. I live in Spokane Valley, have a family here, and would like to stay in the area long term as well. I think Friday evening at 1900 works great. Kelsi, my email is ravenski1980@gmail.com. I am looking forward to this conference/interview with everyone. I think meeting beforehand will be beneficial and help ease the tension. 

David Hughes

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I will also be interviewing on this day! I am a re-applicant, however I did not receive an interview last time. I attended EWU for my undergrad and worked at Sacred Heart as a NAC for a little while before moving to a more rural hospital.

Kelsi, my email is Lntarango4@hotmail.com

I would love to be apart of the zoom call tomorrow!

Laura Tarango