How far back do you post your work experience?

If I were you I would include the stuff you really want to stand out. Schools are sorting through hundreds of applications, and some may not read every single word on your application, so you want to make sure the ones that they do read really matter. I was a hostess for a summer in college, and I did not include that because I feel that it in no way adds to my application whatsoever. If it is non healthcare yet shows that you achieved some big accomplishment or held some type of leadership (manager, etc) or utilized some valuable skills, then I think you should include it.

You don't need to include your entire work history, especially if it's not healthcare related and you aren't using it to show how you grew as a human. For example, seasonal work as a summer camp counselor can easily translate to valuable non-healthcare experience. You're working with youth, interacting with parents... you're responsible for the safety and emotional wellbeing of children. Even better if you had a position of authority over other staff. Seasonal work flipping burgers may not translate as well, and the adcom will look at it and wonder why it's meaningful. Don't fluff the application.

Archived