ICU offer in NYC

Background- 7 year experience in Hospital Medicine and Cardiology, first ICU job

Location- NYC, 10 minutes drive from my house

Salary- $59/hour (Non-negotiable based on “ladder system by experience”), OT is 1x hr rate, holiday is 1.5x hr pay. No night/weekend differential as this is supposedly days only.

Hours- Days with alternate weekends, 14 shifts a month

Position type- Union 1199

Benefits- 4 weeks vacation (no roll over), personal time- 4 days/yr. 4 days CME $1200 allowance. Medical/dental/vision and Pension via 1199 union. There’s tuition reimbursement. No liscensing fee reimbursement.

Thoughts?

Benefits sound decent. Hourly rate isn’t great. ICU pa here w 7yr experience making $79/hr with alternate weekends (which are 2hrs shorter than weekdays). 20shifts per 6wk period. No extra holiday pay and OT offered at flat rate of $1600/shift (by the time taxes taken out its legit like $850). With that being said I accepted this job at $55/hr with 5yrs under my belt and felt that was a crap offer but I wanted to stay in ICU and in my new city. I’ve managed over $30k in raises in about 2.5yrs. If it’s what you want get your foot in the door and go up from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, airslant said:

I'm confused by how you wrote the overtime and holiday pay. OT is 1x so it's the same or 59x2? I'm assuming the second which seems like a great deal if you can get OT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I meant anything exceeding 40 hr/week count as OT and rate is 1x hourly salary so 59x1 for OT..not great. I guess I would have to try leaving on time lol

3 hours ago, kang1208 said:

Background- 7 year experience in Hospital Medicine and Cardiology, first ICU job

Location- NYC, 10 minutes drive from my house

Salary- $59/hour (Non-negotiable based on “ladder system by experience”), OT is 1x hr rate, holiday is 1.5x hr pay. No night/weekend differential as this is supposedly days only.

Hours- Days with alternate weekends, 14 shifts a month

Position type- Union 1199

Benefits- 4 weeks vacation (no roll over), personal time- 4 days/yr. 4 days CME $1200 allowance. Medical/dental/vision and Pension via 1199 union. There’s tuition reimbursement. No liscensing fee reimbursement.

Thoughts?

I'm not very hip and/or with it in regards to the $$$ of living there in NYC. 

What length of shifts are you working? Expectation of procedures? General ICU vs CTICU?

NYCPAC will likely have a much better idea of whats appropriate over there, I'm in the opposite corner of the country working nights for the most part, q6 weeks I work 4 days (weird rotation).  (10) 12 hour shifts/month for ~$104/hr.

Standard bennies, 401k/457b, OT @ $1800/shift

Mixed ICU, lines, tubes expected