Bilingual pay difference?

Hello I'm a new grad and wondering if there is usually a salary or hourly pay difference if you speak multiple languages. Is this usually taken into consideration when determining your pay and if so how much of a pay increase should you expect especially working for a busy ER where there is a large population of patients who don't speak English? Any thoughts or past experiences would be helpful!

Edited by DD2PA

22 minutes ago, DD2PA said:

Hello I'm a new grad and wondering if there is usually a salary or hourly pay difference if you speak multiple languages. Is this usually taken into consideration when determining your pay and if so how much of a pay increase should you expect especially working for a busy ER where there is a large population of patients who don't speak English? Any thoughts or past experiences would be helpful!

I wouldn't expect any pay increase. The wide availability of telephone/tele interpreters these days makes the skill set negligible when it comes to negotiations. 

It may help you land a job as an "interest factor" but that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1