GRE Retake?

Hi guys. I just finished taking my at home GRE test, the technical issues were astronomical. A 4 hour GRE turned into a 7, yes 7 hour exam. Lol, I’m scarred. I’m debating whether I should retake the exam, I didn’t meet my goal scores. Finished off V with a 149 (during my practice exams I never scored below a 155) and Q with a 151. I was so turned off by my experience. Based on my scores I have reached the minimum 300 that most schools look for, however do you think I should retake it to get above a 150 for the verbal? Again, I was not expecting to score so low on that section, math is typically what I struggle in. Looking forward to getting some feedback, thanks. 

On 8/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, smbold said:

Hi guys. I just finished taking my at home GRE test, the technical issues were astronomical. A 4 hour GRE turned into a 7, yes 7 hour exam. Lol, I’m scarred. I’m debating whether I should retake the exam, I didn’t meet my goal scores. Finished off V with a 149 (during my practice exams I never scored below a 155) and Q with a 151. I was so turned off by my experience. Based on my scores I have reached the minimum 300 that most schools look for, however do you think I should retake it to get above a 150 for the verbal? Again, I was not expecting to score so low on that section, math is typically what I struggle in. Looking forward to getting some feedback, thanks. 

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. Four hours is long enough - seven would be a nightmare. 

I would definitely wait until you see how your scores translate into percentages, and look at how your percentages compare to your schools' accepted students profile (usually found in the FAQs). NO PA schools EVER look at raw scores, and your percentages might be higher than you think. I think 151 in quantitative usually translates to around 50% and that's right around what most schools' accepted students profile usually is. I got a score in the low 160's for verbal and I got like a 95% so 149 might not be that bad. Don't give up until you see the score report!