Online Org 1 lab

Has anyone here taken Ochem 1 lab online through UNE? If so, how much did your lab kit cost? Online it says up to $500 and if that's the case it would be cheaper for me to take the lecture and lab through Doane. 

Also, has anyone taken just the lab online anywhere else? I tried to take it in person but it's not being offered anywhere within 1.5 hr of me at a reasonable price (aka less that 749$ for 1 credit)

Guest mands

Trust me when I say this, i've done both UNE (took micro, but the kit should be about the same according to the website) and doane. Take it at Doane....

The kit at UNE is soooo sketchy. It has bits and pieces missing, so you'll end up forking like $100 of your own money to find these parts through foreign websites (god knows why you can't purchase raw e coli or other hazardous specimen  😉

Doane has this really advanced online lab where it's like virtual stuff. I mean, the prep time, hassle, and money is slashed. So, you aren't freezing pour plates in your fridge where you also have your left overs. 

I took ochem 1 + lab at doane and it was the easiest A of my life. Please do yourself this favor 🙂 If you have more questions, feel free to DM me! 

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2020 at 9:05 PM, mands said:

Trust me when I say this, i've done both UNE (took micro, but the kit should be about the same according to the website) and doane. Take it at Doane....

The kit at UNE is soooo sketchy. It has bits and pieces missing, so you'll end up forking like $100 of your own money to find these parts through foreign websites (god knows why you can't purchase raw e coli or other hazardous specimen  😉

Doane has this really advanced online lab where it's like virtual stuff. I mean, the prep time, hassle, and money is slashed. So, you aren't freezing pour plates in your fridge where you also have your left overs. 

I took ochem 1 + lab at doane and it was the easiest A of my life. Please do yourself this favor 🙂 If you have more questions, feel free to DM me! 

Was this the 8 week, 4 credit Ochem1 at Doane? I'm on a last minute crunch to take OChem1 for some schools, and the setup for the University near me [given COVID] was an absolute disaster with the way it was setup, plus I have a shoulder surgery coming up in the meantime that will knock me out of commission for writing for a little while, so it just wasn't going to work. 

Sounds like you and others had a great experience with Doane, though, so that was was plan to fulfill this course. Any advice? I can shoot you a DM if this is easier, just want to make sure it all goes as smoothly as possible with taking PT for my shoulder all the while with the class. Thank you thank you in advance. 

Guest wildalaska

I took Organic Chemistry 1 lecture and Organic Chemistry 1 lab online through UNE this past spring. We did not need to buy a lab kit as the lab was entirely virtual - I did have to buy lab kits for Medical Biology 1 and 2 that I took through UNE, but not Organic Chemistry 1.

The only materials I had were the textbook and solutions manual (both rented through Amazon), the webcam and whiteboard, and the modeling kit.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, mliggett said:

Was this the 8 week, 4 credit Ochem1 at Doane? I'm on a last minute crunch to take OChem1 for some schools, and the setup for the University near me [given COVID] was an absolute disaster with the way it was setup, plus I have a shoulder surgery coming up in the meantime that will knock me out of commission for writing for a little while, so it just wasn't going to work. 

Sounds like you and others had a great experience with Doane, though, so that was was plan to fulfill this course. Any advice? I can shoot you a DM if this is easier, just want to make sure it all goes as smoothly as possible with taking PT for my shoulder all the while with the class. Thank you thank you in advance. 

This was the 8 week, 4 credit course on Doane! It'a amazing!! Feel free to shoot me a DM with questions (i'm terrible at coming back to threats), and i'll do my best to help, walk you through the process to register. I also do remember quite a bit of the course material and still have some stuff saved from lectures and whatnot, so you can keep in touch with me 🙂 

I might not be on until tomorrow night-ish because of work but ill be on the look out !

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 5:35 PM, wildalaska said:

I took Organic Chemistry 1 lecture and Organic Chemistry 1 lab online through UNE this past spring. We did not need to buy a lab kit as the lab was entirely virtual - I did have to buy lab kits for Medical Biology 1 and 2 that I took through UNE, but not Organic Chemistry 1.

The only materials I had were the textbook and solutions manual (both rented through Amazon), the webcam and whiteboard, and the modeling kit.

Hello! I'm currently taking organic chemsitry I at UNE and I'm struggling quite a bit. Do you have any tips, resources, or advice to give? I have Mr. Dahl.