Changing GRE percentiles??

Hi all,

So I am applying for the 20-21 cycle and took the GRE back in Nov. 2019. I was happy with my score and percentiles and didn't think much else about it. When CASPA opened, I filled out the appropriate sections, blah, blah, blah. Well I just went to send another school my report from ETS and saw that since May, my GRE percentiles have changed! They all dropped a percentage point or 2. Now what I reported in CASPA doesn't match my most recent score reports that I sent out! I know the percentiles get updated once a year, but geez please tell me that the programs know this and don't think I was just lying to look better on CASPA! Eek!

Hi all,

So I am applying for the 20-21 cycle and took the GRE back in Nov. 2019. I was happy with my score and percentiles and didn't think much else about it. When CASPA opened, I filled out the appropriate sections, blah, blah, blah. Well I just went to send another school my report from ETS and saw that since May, my GRE percentiles have changed! They all dropped a percentage point or 2. Now what I reported in CASPA doesn't match my most recent score reports that I sent out! I know the percentiles get updated once a year, but geez please tell me that the programs know this and don't think I was just lying to look better on CASPA! Eek!

Don't quote GRE percentiles; just the raw scores. Percentiles are based on where you fell in a population, a population that can change as more students are added to it. CASPA will use your actual GRE scores and many schools use the raw scores.

I wouldn't sweat it at this point.