Scribe as Shadowing Experience

Hey everyone. I'm getting stuck on whether to use my scribe position for shadowing (ofc without repeating the hours). However, I'm wondering if anyone else have done this before and had any issues. Would you still state it as "compensated" because you're technically still working as a medical scribe. I worked with PAs almost all the time as a scribe but many programs want a separate section for shadowing. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Wends said:

Hey everyone. I'm getting stuck on whether to use my scribe position for shadowing (ofc without repeating the hours). However, I'm wondering if anyone else have done this before and had any issues. Would you still state it as "compensated" because you're technically still working as a medical scribe. I worked with PAs almost all the time as a scribe but many programs want a separate section for shadowing. Thanks!

What I have seen on here is...

Since the shadowing hours are not generally replaced by working in a position along side PAs. Then it should not be listed as any type of shadowing. Scribing should be solely listed under your HCE/PCE or whatever the school accepts it as.

Just what I've heard, my opinion, and what seems like the most appropriate thing to do. Even though you work with them you still have to "shadow." I know it seems redundant... 

hopefully you figure it out and good luck 🙂

If there is a different answer to this than what i have said, then I hope someone replies quickly.

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 1