Stressful Experience Essay

Prompt: "The stressful experience essay should describe a stressful or difficult personal experience and the resolution of the experience. The maximum length for this essay is 1600 characters, including spaces." 

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what to write about for this? I've certainly experienced a good amount of stress/difficult personal experiences in my life, but I'm not sure any of it would be fitting for this essay. I thought about writing about having two of my friends pass away unexpectedly in the same year, because that was certainly difficult, but I'm not sure if that's what they're looking for. Like there wasn't necessarily a "resolution"; it would just be me dealing with the loss of my friends and what I learned from them/how they've changed me for the better. I feel like they're maybe looking for something more like conflict resolution? Or problem solving? I also have a couple less serious stressful experiences (some kind of comical, like when I almost got stuck in Portugal and had to run 5 miles to catch the bus), but again, I didn't have any impressive kind of resolution to them. It's more like I simply got through it and everything worked out OK. My dad also recently got COVID/pneumonia and that was super scary and stressful but again, I didn't have any impressive kind of role other than being the overbearing daughter who took his vitals/forced him to go to the ER/researched everything/demanded to talk with the doc who prescribed him a Z-pack (asking what the rationale was and stuff)/looking at his test results, etc. Idk if I necessarily "resolved" anything but it definitely stressed me out. I also work as a CNA and have been there for codes/stroke codes/seizures, etc. but haven't actually done compressions or really anything to directly resolve the situation other than yell for the nurses, check vitals, check blood sugars, etc. Any advice on which direction I should go in? What did other people do? 

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!   

34 minutes ago, jjr731 said:

Prompt: "The stressful experience essay should describe a stressful or difficult personal experience and the resolution of the experience. The maximum length for this essay is 1600 characters, including spaces." 

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what to write about for this? I've certainly experienced a good amount of stress/difficult personal experiences in my life, but I'm not sure any of it would be fitting for this essay. I thought about writing about having two of my friends pass away unexpectedly in the same year, because that was certainly difficult, but I'm not sure if that's what they're looking for. Like there wasn't necessarily a "resolution"; it would just be me dealing with the loss of my friends and what I learned from them/how they've changed me for the better. I feel like they're maybe looking for something more like conflict resolution? Or problem solving? I also have a couple less serious stressful experiences (some kind of comical, like when I almost got stuck in Portugal and had to run 5 miles to catch the bus), but again, I didn't have any impressive kind of resolution to them. It's more like I simply got through it and everything worked out OK. My dad also recently got COVID/pneumonia and that was super scary and stressful but again, I didn't have any impressive kind of role other than being the overbearing daughter who took his vitals/forced him to go to the ER/researched everything/demanded to talk with the doc who prescribed him a Z-pack (asking what the rationale was and stuff)/looking at his test results, etc. Idk if I necessarily "resolved" anything but it definitely stressed me out. I also work as a CNA and have been there for codes/stroke codes/seizures, etc. but haven't actually done compressions or really anything to directly resolve the situation other than yell for the nurses, check vitals, check blood sugars, etc. Any advice on which direction I should go in? What did other people do? 

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!   

When doing a quick read at this, I would say use these words as your base" with the loss of my friends and what I learned from them/how they've changed me for the better." You could walk the adcoms through your stages of grief to show what your friends have taught you and how you have grown. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...