Updating transcript after verification?

I'm done with all my pre-reqs. However, I decided to take Patho this past semester. I got a grade of B+, and I'm challenging the grade but I'm not sure if it will get changed, and if it does how long it will take. Is it better if I submit my transcript as is, and if the grade does get changed resubmit it?

If you submit now and your grades are verified with this B+, you will not be able to resubmit a new grade and have your grades reverified again. You will be able to resubmit an updated transcript though, but this grade will not be recalculated by CASPA - your GPAs will not change.

I’m not sure if you can update this grade in CASPA itself, so programs can view your new grade or not. If a class is “in progress” you can go back into CASPA later and put your grade in, but these grades will also not be calculated into your GPAs, but programs will see this grade.

• 1 month later...
Guest mands
On 8/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, copticmare said:

Hii guys, quick question related to this topic!! Does anyone know when the appropriate time is to submit applications after finishing a course to schools that only accept finished classes? Would we submit it the day we finish the course or should we wait afterward until CASPA receives our updated transcript? TIA!!

Submit it ASAP in my opinion! Bc the whole application won't process until ALL material (transcripts, LOR, etc.) is received. So, if you submit it, let's say right now, then the second that last thing is uploaded it would automatically push through to "verification" (which can take between days to weeks in my experience). So, if you got everything, you'd be ready and the only thing you're waiting on is other people/schools to send things in, click submit! 

In terms of courses that are finished, of course on the last day of class you'll know your grade (exactly as it would show on the transcript), so I would personally submit the CASPA with that known grade. Wait the few days for the grade to pop up on the transcript (usually depending on your school), and once it's updated then send the transcript right away. 

Submit it ASAP in my opinion! Bc the whole application won't process until ALL material (transcripts, LOR, etc.) is received. So, if you submit it, let's say right now, then the second that last thing is uploaded it would automatically push through to "verification" (which can take between days to weeks in my experience). So, if you got everything, you'd be ready and the only thing you're waiting on is other people/schools to send things in, click submit! 
In terms of courses that are finished, of course on the last day of class you'll know your grade (exactly as it would show on the transcript), so I would personally submit the CASPA with that known grade. Wait the few days for the grade to pop up on the transcript (usually depending on your school), and once it's updated then send the transcript right away. 

Thank you!!!! Actually, my CASPA is already verified because I submitted apps to other schools that allowed pending classes. Does this change anything?? Should I still submit to specific schools as soon as I’m done with my last class?

Guest mands
3 minutes ago, copticmare said:

Thank you!!!! Actually, my CASPA is already verified because I submitted apps to other schools that allowed pending classes. Does this change anything?? Should I still submit to specific schools as soon as I’m done with my last class?

Okay, it's SOOO flippin annoying because even when you have it verified, you send more transcripts in,  this still won't count towards your gpa!! (I legit added like 3 As to my transcript and my GPA didn't move!!).. I did the same thing as you !! I applied to programs where I had all the prereqs completely finished, so it got verified. Then, when i added the new grades, it literally didn't move my GPA for ANY of them (besides show that the class is done + the grade).

It was such a stressful thing because i'm a type A personality, so I calculated my GPA myself and sent it into the schools (i'm talking like a +0.1 difference in my GPA which I feel like makes all the difference). Most of them ignored me except like 4 (acknowledged, but said they won't be using the one I calculated)...

Soooo, in that case, I would say once you get your grades from your teacher (even before it's posted on the transcript), submit it! This will time stamp it for an earlier time (don't know if it matters, but maybe not risk it)... Then, once ALL the grades are on the transcript, send it!  

15 minutes ago, mands said:

Okay, it's SOOO flippin annoying because even when you have it verified, you send more transcripts in,  this still won't count towards your gpa!! (I legit added like 3 As to my transcript and my GPA didn't move!!).. I did the same thing as you !! I applied to programs where I had all the prereqs completely finished, so it got verified. Then, when i added the new grades, it literally didn't move my GPA for ANY of them (besides show that the class is done + the grade).

It was such a stressful thing because i'm a type A personality, so I calculated my GPA myself and sent it into the schools (i'm talking like a +0.1 difference in my GPA which I feel like makes all the difference). Most of them ignored me except like 4 (acknowledged, but said they won't be using the one I calculated)...

Soooo, in that case, I would say once you get your grades from your teacher (even before it's posted on the transcript), submit it! This will time stamp it for an earlier time (don't know if it matters, but maybe not risk it)... Then, once ALL the grades are on the transcript, send it!  

ugh, yeah I heard! I'm sorry that is really really annoying!! I calculated mine too and it wasn't gonna help that much (which is better for my sanity because if it had, it would've bothered me immensely). So, I already put in the order for my university to send CASPA my transcript as soon as my grades are up, so I'll self update them on the app then submit it? Then, CASPA will just receive my transcript whenever and that's when the school will acknowledge me, correct? I just hate this pending prereq part, I feel like there's so many technicalities lol. Thank you so much!

Guest mands
14 hours ago, copticmare said:

ugh, yeah I heard! I'm sorry that is really really annoying!! I calculated mine too and it wasn't gonna help that much (which is better for my sanity because if it had, it would've bothered me immensely). So, I already put in the order for my university to send CASPA my transcript as soon as my grades are up, so I'll self update them on the app then submit it? Then, CASPA will just receive my transcript whenever and that's when the school will acknowledge me, correct? I just hate this pending prereq part, I feel like there's so many technicalities lol. Thank you so much!

Oh gosh! 

That's perfect, I remembered there being this option at one of my schools! So, if you know the grade you'll get in this class (at this point), you could technically submit it and just wait for that  transcript to push through! If not, just wait a bit longer until the final assignment is graded and put that grade in (if you want to be safe). 

yes! Once that transcript goes through, if there is pending stuff on it, the school will still acknowledge you (with the pending). The pending, later, will not be factored into your GPA. So, just make sure all the pending are completed if you plan on wanting that in your caspa GPA!!