Dominican 2020-2021 Cycle

Any concerns about them being put on probation at their upcoming review? They had 96% PANCE pass rate for first time test takers for the class of 2019, but it was 76% in 2018. I'd be curious to see what the rate is for the c/o '20 that just graduated. There's a ton for me to love about this program, but that is definitely a concern for me.

On 6/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, NotVeryCreative16 said:

Also, anyone know anything about this PCE verification form? I saw someone mention one of their supervisors taking forever to sign their form on last year's thread and I see on the website that they started requiring some sort of form in 2017, but I don't see it anywhere. Am I missing something?

They do not require it this cycle it looks like.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:48 PM, NotVeryCreative16 said:

Any concerns about them being put on probation at their upcoming review? They had 96% PANCE pass rate for first time test takers for the class of 2019, but it was 76% in 2018. I'd be curious to see what the rate is for the c/o '20 that just graduated. There's a ton for me to love about this program, but that is definitely a concern for me.

This is definitely a concern for me too! Where did you see this? Last I saw on their website and on the ARC-PA website is that their status is still accreditation - provisional. I hope their PANCE pass rates increase for this year as well because I’m excited about this program! 

On 6/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, Bbritt129 said:

Has anyone heard any updates or received any interview invites from DU yet? I'm sure with COVID a lot of schools are behind with starting interviews, but I know their website said they would likely start in June. 

I have one this Friday with DU, unfortunately I don't know how many others will be interviewing that day or how many interviews they're holding etc

Edited by BRKS1994
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JS1994 said:

I have on this Friday with DU, unfortunately I don't know how many others will be interviewing that day or how many interviews they're holding etc

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? How much of a notice did they give you to prep for your interview? Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Just now, Bbritt129 said:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? How much of a notice did they give you to prep for your interview? Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

I received confirmation my app was under review on 5/14, and got the invite to interview on 6/4/20. I'm a reapplicant so I had a running start with my CASPA application. And thank you!! Super nervous but also excited because DU is my number one choice. Best of luck to you as well!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jwin578 said:

With this program being so new, as someone who has been repeatedly frustrated by many aspects of the administration/leadership, I wish I would have considered going to another program I had gotten an offer to (that also had significantly lower tuition), so just keep that in mind. 

Would you mind if we messaged about specifics? I had an old coworker who graduated from the program who seemed to enjoy her time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewttPA said:

I submitted my verified CASPA application on June 1st. I have not heard back from Dominican since then (not even a “we received your application” email). Is anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone who applied after me heard back already?

I submitted my application to Dominican June 1st, was verified in CASPA June 4th and received an email June 8th that I met all their minimum requirements and my application would be in review. But nothing since then! Did you check your junk email just in case? Or maybe contact admissions to double check that nothing was missing. Good luck! 

On 6/17/2020 at 2:34 PM, BRKS1994 said:

I received confirmation my app was under review on 5/14, and got the invite to interview on 6/4/20. I'm a reapplicant so I had a running start with my CASPA application. And thank you!! Super nervous but also excited because DU is my number one choice. Best of luck to you as well!

Do you mind sharing your experience with your interview?

6 hours ago, Franjon said:

Do you mind sharing your experience with your interview?

They asked to keep specifics about what questions they asked etc private as to keep it fair for everyone interviewing. I will say it was a very relaxed day and everyone was very nice. Dominican gives you more details on how the interview day will go and your specific schedule for the day in the interview invite! 

16 minutes ago, BRKS1994 said:

They asked to keep specifics about what questions they asked etc private as to keep it fair for everyone interviewing. I will say it was a very relaxed day and everyone was very nice. Dominican gives you more details on how the interview day will go and your specific schedule for the day in the interview invite! 

I understand! Was it in-person or through zoom?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:06 PM, alexafuturepa said:

Just received an interview invitation this morning for July 17! I am so excited and nervous at the same time! Does anyone have any advice?

Yes, I do, as I already interviewed. Just be yourself. They wholeheartedly want to get to know you. The faculty was really nice. Just be prepared for any question they could ask (e.g. situational, behavioral, traditional, etc.)

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, BRKS1994 said:

I received an acceptance call last Thursday and just received my acceptance email with seat deposit info today! Super excited!! Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up.  

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?