Why the ER?

The pajamas thing is what really excites me about EM. I love scrubs; I now wear them around the house.

I like using my hands and my brain, and the ED gives me plenty of opportunity to flex my mental muscle and do procedures. I also like staying busy and being able to move around a bit. You get to learn a little about everything and no two days are the same. I love 12-hour shifts, and the ability to leave work at work when the shift is done. I travel quite a bit and I have so many other interests outside of medicine, so working in the ED allows for that pretty easily.

I finally landed a job in the ED today. Contract is in the mail and the credentialing process has begun! Let's do this!!!!

I wanted to be an ER doc when I was 5. (We don't have PA's in my country.)

Love everything about it except the drug seekers!

- treat'em and street'em - no long term relationship!

- never a dull moment

- no two days are alike

- I work well under pressure, think fast on my feet, and enjoy the mental (and sometimes physical!) challenge of being on the spot

- cant beat the sexy outfit ;-)

- the stories! Can't make this crap up, seriously. I'm a hit a dinner parties! ;-)

What?? Seriously???...."pajamas", "sexy outfits", "exciting days", "great hours", "get to wear scrubs".

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

The most bestest thing ever about the ED is having the opportunity to be sh&t, peed, puked, bled, "phlegmed" on, cursed at hit, bit, kicked and otherwise assualted by the masses on a daily basis.

Oh, and the SMELLS!

Cue Robert Duvall on a Vietnamese beachead......."I love the smell of a GI bleed in the morning, that smell, that melena smell. Smells like.......victory. Some day this jobs gonna end."

What?? Seriously???...."pajamas", "sexy outfits", "exciting days", "great hours", "get to wear scrubs".

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

The most bestest thing ever about the ED is having the opportunity to be sh&t, peed, puked, bled, "phlegmed" on, cursed at hit, bit, kicked and otherwise assualted by the masses on a daily basis.

Oh, and the SMELLS!

Cue Robert Duvall on a Vietnamese beachead......."I love the smell of a GI bleed in the morning, that smell, that melena smell. Smells like.......victory. Some day this jobs gonna end."

LOL! Nothing wrong with a bit of phlegm.

I haven't seen a good GIB in a while.

cursed at hit, bit, kicked and otherwise assualted by the masses on a daily basis.

We have a RN who just started cancer treatment...of course the first day after shaving her head, she shows up with a scarf, decides it's too hot, and takes it off just in time to be called a bald-headed b**** by a pt on marijuana/PCP. Luckily psych gets to turf them to main ED for a high blood pressure. One of those nights where working in the ER is not so fun.

Archived