Use space in additional info section explain poor grades?

So, is it appropriate to use the area where it says "If you answered Yes to any of the 5 previous questions, please provide a brief explanation."

I did not answer "yes" to any of those questions, but I would like to explain a year of poor grades due to an unfortunate event. There seems to be no other place to do this aside from my personal statement. However, the thesis I chose for my personal statement will not allow for me to input this information there. Would it be okay for me to use that space provided in additional info section even if I did not answer "yes" to any of the questions? Looking for advice. Thank you!

So, is it appropriate to use the area where it says "If you answered Yes to any of the 5 previous questions, please provide a brief explanation."

I did not answer "yes" to any of those questions, but I would like to explain a year of poor grades due to an unfortunate event. There seems to be no other place to do this aside from my personal statement. However, the thesis I chose for my personal statement will not allow for me to input this information there. Would it be okay for me to use that space provided in additional info section even if I did not answer "yes" to any of the questions? Looking for advice. Thank you!

Archived