Applying too late?

Is applying to PA schools mid-july too late? My earliest deadline is Oct 1st. I have to take a pre req over the summer (1 class plus 1 lab so 4 hours total) and they won't be finished until mid-july. I don't want to apply without them because my GPA is pretty average (3.5 cumulative, 3.4 science), and I think having all my pre reqs completed before I apply would increase my chances. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

I'm going to be honest. The deadlines these programs say is to get more money from people whose applications will not be looked at. For example. I applied six weeks before the deadline for a program last cycle, and was told after the cycle that the reason I never heard back was that it was a week too late. I would say call the program and ask. Because, the coordinator for mine told me June 15th, when the deadline was September 1st. But, it all varies from program to program.