ADVICE FOR <3.0 GPA

Hello! 

I hope this message reaches everyone well, and that you all are staying safe during this pandemic. 

I was hoping I could get some advice from fellow PA students/PAs/striving PAs on what to do about my GPA. I have applied 2 cycles so far, and only had one interview. My science GPA is more on the lower side- what would you guys recommend: 1.re-take courses at a community college 2.post-bac program 3.possible schools that would accept 4.etc 

Thank you in advance!

do 1 That way it’s cheaper

i went from a 2.69 to a 3.16 overall- had 2 interviews/4 applied, high waitlisted, first cycle: applied late, in september, got last day interviews. 

2nd time 5 interviews with a 3.08 overall, applied July and more schools in august. 

3rd cycle 6 interviews

all depends on fit of the program with your app

apply to schools that look at your last 60 units  , and early- in May- you can apply to schools in  multiple batches throughout the cycle-  but all the programs that I applied to in May were the ones that gave me interviews and this time around I got dibs for the early interview days. (school dependent) the key is researching the school. 

if you send me your application  from last year (the full print out and cross out all personal info)  I can review it Friday since I have some free time. or you can msg me with any questions. or you can just send me general stats /your schools excel sheet and i can help you evaluate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities from your app, provide insight

I got into an amazing program with 3 Fs 3Ds 13 C’s. 9 years after graduation. 

don’t be discouraged, your time is coming and with experience you can only go up from here! 

Edited by hustleforthePAC
added
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hustleforthePAC said:

do 1 That way it’s cheaper

i went from a 2.69 to a 3.16 overall- had 2 interviews/4 applied, high waitlisted, first cycle: applied late, in september, got last day interviews. 

2nd time 5 interviews with a 3.08 overall, applied July and more schools in august. 

3rd cycle 6 interviews

all depends on fit of the program with your app

apply to schools that look at your last 60 units  , and early- in May- you can apply to schools in  multiple batches throughout the cycle-  but all the programs that I applied to in May were the ones that gave me interviews and this time around I got dibs for the early interview days. (school dependent) the key is researching the school. 

if you send me your application  from last year (the full print out and cross out all personal info)  I can review it Friday since I have some free time. or you can msg me with any questions. or you can just send me general stats /your schools excel sheet and i can help you evaluate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities from your app, provide insight

I got into an amazing program with 3 Fs 3Ds 13 C’s. 9 years after graduation. 

don’t be discouraged, your time is coming and with experience you can only go up from here! 

Good evening, I am a current Junior in my undergrad. I am dealing with somewhat the same situation. I am currently trying to make sure my last 50 credits are by far top tier. May I ask which programs were those that you got accepted into? Also, how many healthcare hours did you apply with?

Good evening, I am a current Junior in my undergrad. I am dealing with somewhat the same situation. I am currently trying to make sure my last 50 credits are by far top tier. May I ask which programs were those that you got accepted into? Also, how many healthcare hours did you apply with?

i’ve tried over four years, 3 cycles- The trick is researching the schools and increasing your GPA retaking classes or earning A’s in all your science classes.
look into schools that favor the last 60’ units
The number one trick to getting into PA school is researching the schools throughly , spending weeks and months -

And each cycle I kept getting better with my grades and getting promoted in my direct healthcare experience hours and healthcare experience hours.

trick 1: https://directory.paeaonline.org/ free
option 2: mypabox, paid
here are some schools i can think of off the top of my head

university of Tampa
sacred heart
evms
university of pacific
pacific university (oregon)
ohsu
western michigan
sam merritt
touro california