couple questions about application

I have a couple questions about the experience section and the academics section

1- I'm a med tech and part of my job is to perform phlebotomy during morning rounds. Since my job involves duties that include patient contact, and others that don't, do I have to input it twice in the application and describe duties separately? Would my job as a med tech be under patient care experience?

2- Am I required to state any other non-HCE work experience? and how recent does it have to be?

3- I understand that CASPA wants us to input our transcript informatin the exact same as it appears on the transcripts. In the school where I graduated from, our course codes are numerical. For example Biology I would be (55-140). However, in the official transcript it is written as (BIOL 140). In this case, do I enter it as what it looks like on the transcript? or do I use the numerical course code?

4- Do I include my clinical internship in my medical lab science program under other experience? Also on my transcript, clinical internship counted for marks (as they were courses done during the internship i.e. clinical chemistry internship with an A grade), does that still get recorded along with the other courses to be factored in the GPA calculation?

I have a couple questions about the experience section and the academics section

1- I'm a med tech and part of my job is to perform phlebotomy during morning rounds. Since my job involves duties that include patient contact, and others that don't, do I have to input it twice in the application and describe duties separately? Would my job as a med tech be under patient care experience?

2- Am I required to state any other non-HCE work experience? and how recent does it have to be?

3- I understand that CASPA wants us to input our transcript informatin the exact same as it appears on the transcripts. In the school where I graduated from, our course codes are numerical. For example Biology I would be (55-140). However, in the official transcript it is written as (BIOL 140). In this case, do I enter it as what it looks like on the transcript? or do I use the numerical course code?

4- Do I include my clinical internship in my medical lab science program under other experience? Also on my transcript, clinical internship counted for marks (as they were courses done during the internship i.e. clinical chemistry internship with an A grade), does that still get recorded along with the other courses to be factored in the GPA calculation?

1. I split my experience up under Patient Care Experience and Other Health Related Experience or something like that. For example, volunteering on a medical trip to Belize I had 40 hours patient care experience and 20 hours I called administration/pharmacy work under other health related experience. I made this clear in the duties: 40 pt care hours doing vitals, presenting pts to the doc, giving injections, etc. 20 other health experience hours organizing and doing paperwork for the clinic, organizing the pharmacy/supplies, etc.

2. I put most of my other work experience like waiting tables and babysitting. In the description you can talk about the skills you learned that will be applicable as a PA, like "Interacted with the public in a friendly and courteous manner." If you have a long work history say 20 years or something I'd list the longest term positions.

4. I would say yes to under other experience. If any of it involved pts you can put those hours under patient care, just state in the description that they were part of training as some school won't count hours that were part of a class. I think the classes do count since they were on your transcript, but I would call and check. I included my CNA class since it was taken at a community college and worth 4 credits that I got an A in...

1. I split my experience up under Patient Care Experience and Other Health Related Experience or something like that. For example, volunteering on a medical trip to Belize I had 40 hours patient care experience and 20 hours I called administration/pharmacy work under other health related experience. I made this clear in the duties: 40 pt care hours doing vitals, presenting pts to the doc, giving injections, etc. 20 other health experience hours organizing and doing paperwork for the clinic, organizing the pharmacy/supplies, etc.

2. I put most of my other work experience like waiting tables and babysitting. In the description you can talk about the skills you learned that will be applicable as a PA, like "Interacted with the public in a friendly and courteous manner." If you have a long work history say 20 years or something I'd list the longest term positions.

4. I would say yes to under other experience. If any of it involved pts you can put those hours under patient care, just state in the description that they were part of training as some school won't count hours that were part of a class. I think the classes do count since they were on your transcript, but I would call and check. I included my CNA class since it was taken at a community college and worth 4 credits that I got an A in...

Archived