Rules For Posting In Military Thread

Guest pac4hire

Guest pac4hire

1. You must have verifiable military service, or immediate family to military service members

2. No embellishments, or you will be busted out!

3. Only post on military relevant topics.

4. First post in the Roll Call thread to introduce yourself.....

THIS IS NOT...

The official home or domain of the US military Physician Assistants!!!!!!!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE!!!!!!

This place just happens to be a virtual rally point/"Spider/Watering Hole" for PAs that happen to be serving or those who have served!;)

We don't care what squad you were in or what part of the team you were on... (but we do like good stories... so please feel free to share with us)

We do care that...

YOU WERE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT AND CONTRIBUTED TO THE SUCESS OF THAT TEAM...!!!!icon14.gif

We do care that...

YOU WERE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT AND CONTRIBUTED TO THE SUCESS OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOU...!!!!icon14.gif

We do care that...

YOU WERE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT AND CONTRIBUTED TO THE SUCESS OF YOUR NATION...!!!!icon14.gif

We do care that...

YOU WERE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT AND CONTRIBUTED TO THE SUCESS... WITH SWEAT, BLOOD, AND TEARS...!!!!icon14.gif

THEREFORE... "POSERS" ARE SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP HERE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE...!!!

"Never declare war on an abstract noun." -unknown

• Like 1

Guest kjmaryeski

I checked with CIF this morning and the ring is on back order, and the BN schools NCO said I need to go to Ft Sam Houston for a 40 hour course to learn the secret hand shake.

• 2 months later...
Guest Redogldr

I just want to take a minute to praise the Zulu62 for his positive input throughout this thread. Your advice has been taken and some of us are ready for more. I will soon start a new thread called "what to expect as a new battalion PA" Hope it works!

Guest zulu62

Thanks, but praise will only encourage more ranting :D

As soon as you get to where you are going, especially in garrison, check out the continuity book. In garrison is where the chickens**t gets really deep and the admin land mines can kill you. The book I was given had good info and was quite entertaining with some off color advice (the truth, but not p.c.)

I just want to take a minute to praise the Zulu62 for his positive input throughout this thread. Your advice has been taken and some of us are ready for more. I will soon start a new thread called "what to expect as a new battalion PA" Hope it works!

Guest zulu62

I got detailed to a unit outside of my BDE once. I thought the deal was just a caretaker thing with the TMC until the regular guy got back from leave.

I didn't bother to look at the training schedule. Got blindsided by a ton of injuries from some jacked up training exercise that went sour. Commander ate my gluteus at the position of attention for a good 10 minutes.

Lesson Learned, where ever you go, look at the freaken training schedule or any other op plan as soon as you get there, just like everything else in the damned army, you're going to get served up and held responsible for a screw up, even if you didn't know anything about it :o

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

Being a 91C in my days & 68W in today's Army is like being a child of divorced parents. Mom (Medical units) fought dad (Infantry units) for custody and won because our MOS is 68W...

Mom makes us do lame stuff & chores (wear hospital whites, staff duty, paperwork, charting, restocking, painting stuff maroon & white etc.) and runs us into the ground with her lame ass vegetarian/vegan, gluten-free, everybody wins bullshit. Dad gets to spend time with us on the weekends (field exercises, unit training, and pt two times a week). We love dad because he teaches and lets us man do shit (dip or chew, recon, maneuver, shooting techniques, peeing outside, etc) but mom gets jealous of how much more we love dad.

Mom says "dad is a bad influence" because he "likes drinking, playing beer pong, and walking around with his weapon on fire." She says living with her is better for us because it instills "esprit de corps" and love for the AMEDD so she whoops our asses for talking dirty or smoking joe. Dad treats us like men and feeds us steak.

Mom is a loose feminist and loves her other kids (68D, 68Qs, and whatever other weak assed MOSs she has) more than us and we really don't give a shit. We just want dad back.

Facts

Edited by CAdamsPAC
grammar and content.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...