Am I a good candidate?

So long story short, I started college playing baseball at NYIT. I got hurt and transferred to a community college for one semester, then transferred to a 4 year in upstate NY. I didn’t care about school at the time and failed out (sophomore). I then went back to community college for 2 semesters, got a 3.9 and a 4.0 and then went back to that same 4 year and graduated with a 3.1 in communications. I now want to go back to the community college where I have a 3.7 to take all of my prerequisites (and retake some gen-eds) for PA school. I plan to work as hard as possible to get absolutely ALL A’s. I am in the middle of an EMT course which I plan to start working as soon, I have a PA that I plan to shadow and I have a good personality and am motivated to go the extra mile for this career. After all of this do I have a good chance at getting in? When I’m all said and done I’ll hopefully have about a 3.4 - 3.6 cum GPA and a 4.0 science GPA.

1 hour ago, johncfl said:

Just make sure that you aren’t taking the GPA’s off your transcript and that you are calculating them on your own. CASPA counts all classes ever taken including failures, there is no grade forgiveness.

I retook every class that I received a C in or lower and received A’s (including 2 F’s that I received in my freshman and sophomore year).  I would just hate for my application to be thrown out just because of a few mistakes I made a long time ago.

Most schools are not going to be deterred by a couple of bad grades. Retaking those classes showed that you are indeed capable of the difficulty. Upward trends show admissions that you are not the same person you were all those years ago, and many schools do look at this, especially if other areas of your application are strong. Circumstances, circumstances, circumstances. Apply broadly, when you get an interview, simply give them the context and move on. You don't have to defend it, they are already interested. 

On 1/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, PotentialPA1 said:

I’ll hopefully have about a 3.4 - 3.6 cum GPA and a 4.0 science GPA.

If this is true, then you have nothing to worry about. This is within the average, and way above the minimal cut off.