LOR

Anyone have advice for getting a letter of recommendation from an educator/prof without having any form of relationship with any of them? Through so much traveling with the military I got my degree online (technically finish in June), so I didn't have that one-on-one relationship with any of my professors. 

Thank you,

Emily 

• 1 month later...

Hi Emily,

So I think there are two routes you can take with this.

1. Take an additional course or two in person that may fulfill prereqs or help your GPA out if it is low, and bond with a professor during that time. I think even a single course is enough time to get to know a professor as long as you always attend class, engage during class, visit during office hours, etc.

2. Try to bond with a professor purely online by engaging in class discussion, frequently emailing questions to the professor, and overall maintaining regular contact.

To be honest I think the first route is more likely to work out for you, but it does require that you take an additional class and you may not want to do that.

I hope that helps 

Leyla

On 2/28/2020 at 2:29 AM, Laybunny said:

Hi Emily,

So I think there are two routes you can take with this.

1. Take an additional course or two in person that may fulfill prereqs or help your GPA out if it is low, and bond with a professor during that time. I think even a single course is enough time to get to know a professor as long as you always attend class, engage during class, visit during office hours, etc.

2. Try to bond with a professor purely online by engaging in class discussion, frequently emailing questions to the professor, and overall maintaining regular contact.

To be honest I think the first route is more likely to work out for you, but it does require that you take an additional class and you may not want to do that.

I hope that helps 

Leyla

Leyla,

I like the first idea, a lot actually. Thank you for your advice,

Emily