PANCE Prep Pearls 3rd edition

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the third edition on Amazon just yesterday and wondering the same thing.  It's by the same author (although now it's two books instead of one) and mentions in the description that it has expanded chapters in line with the 2019 blueprint.  It's so new there aren't any reviews on yet.  I'd also be curious to know what the differences are between 2 and 3 from someone who has seen the third edition.

The new edition has mostly the same info as the 2nd edition, with a couple of new diseases listed in the book along with expanding more on some of the previous diseases. Overall the book is ~200 pages longer than the previous one, hence why it is split up into 2 separate books. I only looked through the cardiology chapter so far so I can't speak for the majority of the books content, but I saw that they go over how to manage a posterior/inferior MI with RVI as opposed to the 2nd edition which just had a "one treatment fits all" approach for an MI. HTN guidelines were updated instead of the now incorrect "Stage I HTN is classified by SBP of 140-159 or DBP of 90-99." As I've been previously using the 2nd edition to study for my EOR exams and comparing it to ROSH questions, it became pretty clear to me that the 2nd edition is outdated and was due for an overhaul. For the price, I think its worth buying the newer version.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...