Registration Now Open for SEMPA 360!

Make a difference in your practice by joining us for SEMPA 360, March 16-20, 2020, in Chicago, IL for the most in-depth and comprehensive educational experience available for EMPAs.

Register Now To:

• Increase your depth and breadth of medical knowledge
  • Take your emergency medicine skills to the next level with hands-on workshops
  • Learn about the specialty’s latest tools, trends and techniques
  • Connect with colleagues from across the country
  • Build a network of likeminded people
  • And much, much more!

And if you register today, you can take advantage of

the deeply discounted early-bird rates!

https://www.sempa.org/sempa360/

We're working with the NCCPA. As soon as we receive confirmation, we'll announce it. 

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Salesian
      Hey folks,
      I've been working in emergency medicine for about 1 year in a setting with a good mixture of high acuity and fastrack patients at a teaching institution. I've also worked during this time per diem at a low volume urgent care. While this has been an outstanding first job in terms of resume building and learning, it of course has the downside of wild hours, nights, weekends, holidays, etc. at a rather noncompetitive hourly rate/salary. I don't hate the job, but I also don't see myself doing emergency medicine forever. Or at least...not at this salary.
      For those who started in emergency medicine, what are your thoughts on transitioning to an urgent care job? I have heard some describe a miserable existence of patient volumes upwards of 60 patients a day, but I am guessing this is very dependent on the institution. Are there other specialties that make for a natural transition from emergency medicine? Am keeping all my options open at this point. Thanks!
    • By SEMPA
      This course is designed to be a "scan and surf" adventure with the education ending at 2 pm each day so participants have time to enjoy the location. With so much to do in Huntington Beach and the hotel offering a Beach Amenities Program, the SEMPA Ultrasound Course is the perfect balance of education and fun!
      The course will provide point-of-care ultrasound training to physician assistants working in emergency medicine. Didactic sessions will focus on concise, useful information, images, and video. Most importantly, participants will have the opportunity to learn the necessary skills through hands-on teaching and practice on models under the guidance of experienced faculty and sonographers. 
      Objectives
      Upon completion of this program participants should be able to:
      List the standard views or “windows” for each of the six primary areas of emergency ultrasound - trauma, aorta, biliary, cardiac, pelvic and procedural applications
 Accurately interpret point of care ultrasounds
 Demonstrate the standard views or “windows” for each of the six primary areas of emergency ultrasound - trauma, aorta, biliary, cardiac, pelvic and procedural applications
 Limited to 50 participants 1:5 faculty to student ratio Hands-on scanning of live models Simulation technology incorporated Lots of practice time Earn CME towards your EM-CAQ Faculty from emergency ultrasound fellowship programs Learn the core applications to emergency ultrasound Meals included Time to enjoy all Huntington Beach has to offer For more information and to register:
      https://www.sempa.org/education/ultrasound-huntingtonbeach/
    • By UCSF Fresno
      The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) - Fresno Emergency Medicine PA Residency is accepting applications for the 2020 application cycle. This 18-month postgraduate program, affiliated with the UCSF School of Medicine, is designed to prepare PAs to practice in a variety of emergency medicine environments.
      We will be accepting 2 residents in 2020. The class will start June 29, 2020 but we will be offering rolling admissions into the Fall for accepted applicants who have a later PA school graduation date. 
      Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020. 
      Rotations include:
      Trauma Critical Care Pediatric Emergency Medicine Burn Orthopedics Dermatology Ophthalmology Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Toxicology Emergency Ultrasound Anesthesia EMS  Resuscitation courses include: ACLS, ATLS, BLS, PALS
      18-month stipend: $90,000
      Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, 4 weeks of vacation, membership in the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA), UCSF email access, textbook, malpractice coverage, and more.
      Paid travel to SEMPA 360, SEMPA's annual conference.
      Our state-of-the-art ED at Community Regional Medical Center serves as the only Level 1 Trauma Center/Burn Center for Central California, and handles an annual ED volume of over 110,000.
      The Department of Emergency Medicine hosts fellowships in Emergency Ultrasound, Medical Education, and Wilderness Medicine. Our faculty are involved with EM:RAP, EMS, wilderness medicine, ultrasound, medical education, toxicology, international emergency medicine, and more. They are also leaders within ACEP and SEMPA.
      For more information, please see the attached flyer.
      Website: http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/emergency-medicine-physician-assistant/

Email: em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu
      Residency Flyer.pdf

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More