Marketing yourself as a PA

Do any of you have to do your own marketing if you are new to the practice. I recently began working for a new practice and they are asking me to do my own marketing in the community. I have no marketing experience whatsoever. I would rather being seeing patients than marketing. I've never heard of a provider doing the marketing themselves. Most offices I know have a designated person for the marketing. I am still early in my career and may be completely wrong in my assumption. What has been your experience?

Go to "download" section and download the brochure... edit it to make it applicable to your situation, add photo, print 40 copies on card stock, then leave a copy in every exam room that you use... and a few strategically placed in the waiting room.

They will disappear slowly... as the patients who like you will "steal" a copy.

Just be prepared to replace the ones that come up missing... so in the mornings, and after lunch, do rounds to replace the brochures that disappear.

Contrarian

A

Go to "download" section and download the brochure... edit it to make it applicable to your situation, add photo, print 40 copies on card stock, then leave a copy in every exam room that you use... and a few strategically placed in the waiting room.

They will disappear slowly... as the patients who like you will "steal" a copy.

Just be prepared to replace the ones that come up missing... so in the mornings, and after lunch, do rounds to replace the brochures that disappear.

Contrarian

AAPA also used to have some nice posters that you could order and hang up in the rooms

Your SP's may mean introducing yourself to other practices in your city that may refer to your office. It is nice to meet someone face-to-face so they feel more comfortable referring to you. Bringing treats for the staff will always put you in good favor too. You can also talk to local groups like nurses, RT's, OT's, PT's; depending on your specialty. Drug companies will usually sponsor these meetings and you will be paid an honoraria for your time.

April

Archived