How to handle pushy RNs

• Administrator
2 hours ago, mcclane said:

Let's have those opinions on the subject, then, rather than the backhanded mechanisms of systematically locking threads, deleting comments, and banning dissent.  Right wing, anti-nursing, anti-woke threads receive your support through bans, careful pruning, and timely locks to allow the quasi-hate group circle jerk to maintain a dominant presence on this forum.  The number one best thing for the PA profession right now would be burning this trash forum to the ground.

If you dislike it so much, why are you here?

If we're so unfair, why are you not banned and this post deleted?

Fact is, the only people I ban are spammers and trolls, although calling other posters a "quasi-hate group circle jerk" is pretty doggone impolite no matter how you slice it. I think there may be more room for a Wikipedia-style "Assume Good Faith" mandate here, but that hasn't seemed to be a problem for most of us.  You do know the mods completely disagree with each other on many things about the politics of medicine, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If you dislike it so much, why are you here?
If we're so unfair, why are you not banned and this post deleted?
Fact is, the only people I ban are spammers and trolls, although calling other posters a "quasi-hate group circle jerk" is pretty doggone impolite no matter how you slice it. I think there may be more room for a Wikipedia-style "Assume Good Faith" mandate here, but that hasn't seemed to be a problem for most of us.  You do know the mods completely disagree with each other on many things about the politics of medicine, right?
To Mcclane and anyone else this implies. Don't be pansies. We all disagree on somethings and disagree on others. If you can not see that, stay off the internet because it only causes you stress and bitterness to your life. Politically, I'm not sure if this place is right or left leaning. We get that a some here are left leaning and some are right leaning. This place is made for people to get crap off their chest in a safe place away from the other professions.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

Astute forum readers may have noticed this thread vanished for a while.  That was actually not the moderators' doing, but done by the OP, who felt it was getting unproductive.  I don't disagree.  However, the fact that a thread starter can hide the thread was a bit of news to us.  After consultation with the OP, I've un-hidden the thread, but locked it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1