9/26/19 Seattle Interview

Hello all and congrats to everyone who was invited to interview for MEDEX Seattle on Sept 26.  I am looking forward to meeting you all on interview day.  This is my second year applying and last year, some of us met up the night before just to talk and get to know each other. I found it helpful and I think we all went into the interviews a little more relaxed.  Those of us who are local could answer questions about living in Seattle, for those who might be moving here soon.  If you would like to meet up for happy hour on the 25th, there is a nice little place within walking distance of the hotel.  Please let me know if you would like to attend so that I can get a rough headcount for a reservation. I was thinking maybe 6:30pm?

I also found this PDF that describes the MEDEX interview process.

I look forward to meeting you all and good luck.

-Dean

T217.pdf

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, actionphilosopher said:

Hello all and congrats to everyone who was invited to interview for MEDEX Seattle on Sept 26.  I am looking forward to meeting you all on interview day.  This is my second year applying and last year, some of us met up the night before just to talk and get to know each other. I found it helpful and I think we all went into the interviews a little more relaxed.  Those of us who are local could answer questions about living in Seattle, for those who might be moving here soon.  If you would like to meet up for happy hour on the 25th, there is a nice little place within walking distance of the hotel.  Please let me know if you would like to attend so that I can get a rough headcount for a reservation. I was thinking maybe 6:30pm?

-Dean

T217.pdf 2.03 MB · 5 downloads

Congratulations! I will also be at the September 26 interview day. Where did you find that PDF? Is that what the interview was like last year?

1 hour ago, actionphilosopher said:

-Dean

T217.pdf 2.03 MB · 7 downloads

Hi! Thanks for getting this thread started. I would love to meet up the night before. I am from Seattle originally but currently living in New York so will be flying in the 24th. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, meganbauder said:

Congratulations! I will also be at the September 26 interview day. Where did you find that PDF? Is that what the interview was like last year?

I honestly can't remember where I found it, I was just googling to try to find sample questions, and it was the format they used last year.  They will go over the format and explain everything the morning of, but this was my experience last year.  There were three interviews, each with two other interviewees and two interviewers.  Each interview was 45 minutes, shared between the three candidates.  The first interview (theoretically) is getting to know the candidates, tell us about yourself stuff.  The second interview was about ethics (either tell us about a time you faced an ethical decision, or here is an ethical problem).  The third was about critical thinking/problem solving.  There are lots of interview teams and you will be with different candidates for each interview and so there is some variation and luck.  I think seeing a face or two from the night before can be a big help.  I look forward to meeting you.

-Dean

Hello, I interviewed last year, as well----on Nov 1st.  I would love to meet up the day before, but am scheduled to work (I work 12 hr shifts at Swedish in the Central district)!
I live in Seattle. I would be open to meeting up on Monday the 23rd, if anyone can. I'll see if I can get my scheduled changed, but it will be very difficult seeing as most of my colleagues are in school and have inflexible schedules. Let me know when all of you are open to meeting!

--Mónica

Edited by monicari
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, actionphilosopher said:

Last year some people met at Costa's restaurant, which seemed to work well.  They have a good variety of food, aren't too pricey, and it was large enough and quiet enough for us.  I'll make a reservation with them again for Wednesday the 25 at 7pm.  I look forward to meeting some of you there.  Best of luck. 

Sorry, I meant to include a link to their website: https://www.facebook.com/costasontheave/

http://www.costasontheave.com/contact-costas-restuarant/

It's walking distance from campus and the hotel where the interviews are being help. 

6 hours ago, actionphilosopher said:

Sorry, I meant to include a link to their website: https://www.facebook.com/costasontheave/

http://www.costasontheave.com/contact-costas-restuarant/

It's walking distance from campus and the hotel where the interviews are being help. 

Sounds good. Is there a way to start a group chat on here so that we can coordinate?