How many patients a day?

I wanted to start a thread to see how many patients do Derm PAs see on a daily basis in their practice? Looks like our current place schedules close to 60 patients a day with the PA and 2 to 3 MAs. With cancellations/no shows averages 50-55/day. Is that pretty average for everyone? I also found out on Mohs day they typically aim to books 25-30 patients. I am new to all this so was just curious how other practices are running. Thanks! 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, mcanpac said:

My schedule allows 42 if not double booked. I average around 35-38 patients a day, five days a week. I live in college town so during school year i can have a ton of no shows. 

How much is pay for you if i may ask ?

Ive been in derm 1 year in california and make 115k, but i see like 16-20 patients a day mostly ppo. and i do cosmetics but mainly botox. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 2:42 PM, mcanpac said:

Sorry im so late answering. I have almost five years in drrm working in southeast. My base is 125k and my bonuses are 6500.. no production. I bring in about 850k to the pravtice mainly medical. I do botox and fillers but im not huge on cosmetics. I know im underpaid. Hopefully working on that this november 🙂

How frequently are your bonuses paid out? Quarterly?

• 9 months later...

Hey sorry for the late reply.

so I got a NEW job since then. Base is 105 but I get production . So either 23 percent of collections or 105. I can bring home total after taxes 6700 a month but with covid I was just paid my base. I see 30 patients a day. I mean we have four providers here a day so I’m competing a bit

On 9/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, brooks23 said:

How frequently are your bonuses paid out? Quarterly?

• 1 year later...

Mohs Patients and General Dermatology patients are totally different. Mohs requires layers therefore one patient may be seen by the dermatologist 5-7 times that day. If the average is 3-4 layers and they have 25 patients scheduled that is on average the equivalent to 75-100 patients per day.