Is this a low offer for Hospital ortho surgery nyc??

I have 1.5 years of orthopedic and spine surgery/outpatient experience making 135k in private practice in Long Island 

a nyc Hospital posted an ad for “great pay” ortho position so I interviewed 

it turns out the base salary is 109.5k including the 5% evening shift differential. There is opportunity for overtime at $84/hr which is 1k/13hr weekend shift. 

she said I get this ~lavish~ amount after saying how my salary would be higher Bc I’m in a surgical role and because I have experience...they also said there is no wiggle room for negotiation. This is also NYC where cost of living is high 

the benefits of this job:

great hospital floor/ surgery total knee replacement and other ortho surgery experience and a “chill work environment according to the head pa”

29 days PTO instead of 20 days currently

403b with 8% match instead of none currently

$1400 cme instead of nothing currently 

What do you guys think? 

8% match is really good. 

30 days off a year is pretty nice as well.

However 110k does seem a little low, especially for Ortho Surgery and given the cost of living.

Everything in life is negotiable to a certain extent even if the negotiation is “I cannot take this position for less than 130k or 20k extra a year in student loan repayment” and if they say no you walk.

• Upvote 1