Interviews?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our final meeting and selected 14 alternates from our list of Holds. We have not sent rejection letters yet in case we need to select more alternates. At this point you may receive a spot on an alternate list but it would be after 14 people decline spots. I am unsure where you would stand on the next alternate list should one be needed.

This is what Lori Beers responded with today. My guess is if we have not already received a wait list letter we did not make the 14 alternate spots.

I wish I could say that I am surprised, but I am not. Lock Haven has really been very disappointing from the start of this journey until now. They seemed disorganized from the beginning and started their interviews later than they said. I don't know about the rest of you applicants but during my interview they told me that they would only take less than 10% directly after the interviews and the rest they would pull from the waiting list. It seems as though that was some misinformation. While it may not affect Lock Haven, it really affects all of us who have put our lives on hold for the last 6 months, not knowing what the future holds. The lack of professionalism from Lock Haven has really irked me to the point that I will now accept other schools over Lock Haven, Lock Haven was originally my first choice but has fallen back pretty far now. I don't know just how I am feeling about them right now. More communication and more truthfulness would be appreciated. Good luck to all of you who have been waiting around for something from Lock Haven.

Lori told me via email that they will be mailing out my REJECTION letter tomorrow. I thought I did really good at the interview, but LH was my last choice anyways. Now I get to have a honeymoon! I just need to get into somewhere else! I feel the same way as tech1597. My life has been on hold for so long that I am losing it! I've put off my honeymoon plans which is now going to cost more money thanks to gas prices rising, and it sounded like a lot of people would be accepted from the "hold" list, and it seems like the opposite is true. At least she was nice enough to email me back and finally give me an answer. It shouldn't take more than a month to hear back, I think thats ridiculous, especially when the program starts in MAY. Oh well, just hoping for other options at this point...

dumbledore...what kind of HCE do you have? I have been surprised by the decisions of some schools because I feel like I have a really good application. I'm curious as to what other people have done and if maybe my HCE is one reason I'm getting rejected (I am on two waitlists but thats not a real acceptance). I worked for 2 years as a pharmacy tech, just got re-certified and licensed. worked in an underserved clinic with seniors (as an americorps volunteer) for a year, have extensive volunteer experience at a complementary clinic for women with cancer, on a rape crisis line, with kids with diabetes, and a traveling doctors without borders-like group, and I have been working for 1.5 years as a personal attendant for people with developmental disabilities, basically doing what a CNA does but without the title. So I have several thousand hours of HCE but I'm wondering if the people getting accepted are EMT's or nurses or something?!

Well I had a math/science gpa of 3.79 other gpa of 4.0 gre score of 1160 and hce was over 5,000 hrs as a X-ray and ct technologist. I also had very good letters of reference including one from a lecturer that teaches at lock havens pa program from time to time. My interview consisted of just three questions which I thought was quite unfair and didn't allow me to showcase myself at all, I simply thought it was because of my stats and my letter if reference. I was told that if I was waitlisted not to worry bcz they take so many people off the waitlist and only accept very few directly from the interviews without waitlisting them. Obviously you can see my disappoinment with the outcome of not getting into the program.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived