Thoughts on interview prep books?

Hi everyone!

Since it's time to start thinking about interviews, has anyone purchased any of the interview prep books that you can buy from Amazon or Barnes & Noble? 

I was wondering if these books were worth the $$/helpful, or if they're mostly just tips you can read online for free. Specifically, "How to 'Ace' the Physician Assistant School Interview" by Rodican- anyone tried it?

Thanks guys 🙂

3 hours ago, elainabee said:

Hi everyone!

Since it's time to start thinking about interviews, has anyone purchased any of the interview prep books that you can buy from Amazon or Barnes & Noble? 

I was wondering if these books were worth the $$/helpful, or if they're mostly just tips you can read online for free. Specifically, "How to 'Ace' the Physician Assistant School Interview" by Rodican- anyone tried it?

Thanks guys 🙂

I purchased the book mentioned and would have to say it helped put me at ease in terms of what to expect question wise and how to not totally butcher your responses if you’re nervous. The book gives you three responses to commonly asked questions and explains why which response is better, which I enjoyed. With that being said, it can only prepare you so much for the actual interview and you could potentially find practice questions and scenarios online as well depending on preference!

3 hours ago, NicoleJo said:

I purchased the book mentioned and would have to say it helped put me at ease in terms of what to expect question wise and how to not totally butcher your responses if you’re nervous. The book gives you three responses to commonly asked questions and explains why which response is better, which I enjoyed. With that being said, it can only prepare you so much for the actual interview and you could potentially find practice questions and scenarios online as well depending on preference!

Thanks for the input!! The reviews on Amazon also say that its helpful, so I'm debating just buying it. Don't want to stress about if I should have got it or not!