PA Program Prerequisite Alternatives

Hello all,

I'm graduating with my BBA next year and have my heart set on being a PA. I have worked as a CNA for about 6 years now so I have more than enough PCE. 

I don't have a strong science background but did take a few basic courses when I was a biology major. I have been deciding rather I should pick up classes at my local community college for the following prerequisites: AP 1 & 2, Micro and Biochem. HOWEVER, this is going to take another 2-2.5 years to complete because biochemistry has about 4 prereqs itself. 

Are there any accredited online courses i can take to avoid the extra classes and time or am I stuck having to bite the bullet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello all,
I'm graduating with my BBA next year and have my heart set on being a PA. I have worked as a CNA for about 6 years now so I have more than enough PCE. 

I don't have a strong science background but did take a few basic courses when I was a biology major. I have been deciding rather I should pick up classes at my local community college for the following prerequisites: AP 1 & 2, Micro and Biochem. HOWEVER, this is going to take another 2-2.5 years to complete because biochemistry has about 4 prereqs itself. 
Are there any accredited online courses i can take to avoid the extra classes and time or am I stuck having to bite the bullet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Perhaps you need the biochem prereqs but you may be able to waiver some of them as an adult student willing to take the risks. It requires departmental approval as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,  

You sound to be in a similar boat as I was 1.5 years ago. I have a BBA as well and I have been a paramedic for 7 years, so I also had the PCE covered. I was able to take lots of my lecture classes online and do the labs in person. I took General chemistry, A&P , General Biology, Microbiology, Genetics and Medical Terminology all online and in person labs. The only class I took in person was Organic Chemistry 1 and I found an online Biochemistry class through Doane University. Some programs allow online labs, but I have found that it can be somewhat limiting when it comes time to apply. I personally think you can complete the prereqs much quicker than 2.5 years. Message me if you have any questions. I took the majority of my classes through my local state college that used to be a CC. 

Edited by johncfl

• 3 weeks later...