For 2019 PANCE takers

I know this is a topic that’s been covered in the past, but seeing as how PANCE has fully been revamped this year, and with the rumors that passing rates are way down (confirmed by my program), I’m curious to hear from those who have taken it this year. I know you can’t give anything away, but how did it compare to your PACKRAT scores? Did questions from Kaplan/ROSH/etc feel adequate? I’m trying to calm my own nerves down as I have just under 2 months until my test!

I took the PANCE in April and passed! I was always borderline yellow/green zone for the PACKRAT. I took my PANCE about 2.5-3 weeks after graduation. I used PPP and Rosh which I felt prepared me enough. I would finish a section on the PANCE blueprint and then do questions on Rosh for that section. I felt that that was helpful.

• Like 1

I think my PACKRAT scores were very predictive of how I performed on the PANCE. We also had the PAEA EOR exams which I think helped us all prepare for the PANCE. Our program purchased HIPPO for all the students and I think it helped move through the material. I did the NCCPA practice exam and was fully in the "green" zone and I did the Rosh Review boost exams but never had the full subscription. All the studying I did felt very adequate and I passed.

• Like 1

I recently took it, ~2 weeks after my graduation, though I really only studied for 5-6of those days. I only used Rosh review. I would do the Rosh questions, and if it sparked me to think about something else or I wanted to go more in depth, I would go through my didactic year notes and refresh myself. This is the same way I studied for EORs. 

Rosh predicted I'd get upper 500s with an 89% chance of passing, though I often used my notes while taking them and thus 'cheated' on the Rosh questions. Got 550s on actual PANCE. I got 150s on both my PACKRATs if anyone is wondering. 

I think whatever people have done to successfully take EORs, keep doing that for PANCE.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1