Assisted Suicide

weird that the news article would comment on both the physician's and mother's decisions to euthanize...and be completely wrong that the girl instead just stopped eating/drinking.  Very weird.

But, if you click the link, the title of the article has been changed, "Dutch rape victim, 17, dies after euthanasia request" with a comment on the unclear nature of reports.  I am so tired of "quick journalism" that doesn't focus on getting right, but instead of getting it first.

Edited by mgriffiths
  • Upvote 2

Quite a few posters seem to be focused on making goals of care decisions and "saving the insurance companies money".

Around 65% of bankruptcies in the US are related to healthcare. If we're going to continue to ruin people's lives with our healthcare policies then it certainly should be a factor in our healthcare decisions.

While I've only been practicing in critical care for 4 years I can tell you that we have a definite tendency to prolong death while thinking we are extending life