"Previously enrolled in a PA program" question for re-applicant.

So, interesting question that I don't see come up very often for everyone.

I was fortunate enough to be accepted to a program which starts in September 2019. I applied because their admission criteria seemed to mesh with my PCE, as well as it being a newer program. However, it would be a major inconvenience to attend for my wife and myself. She has been looking for employment in her field around the area and hasn't had great luck. We also will have to move, which will be very difficult without one of us bringing in income. It is also a very new, and very expensive program ($10k/year more than school B). Regardless, we decided that I would attend if it came to it, because well, I was accepted to PA school.

HOWEVER,

Last cycle I was also waitlisted on a program 2 miles from our current area. I was told that I was in the top 10. I am in the process of reapplying to this school as they start interviews in early June and usually have decisions made within 2 weeks for students, whether it's acceptance, rejection, or waitlist. I feel that I have nothing really to lose by reapplying other than the $179 CASPA fee. I already have LOR's accepted, transcripts/GRE's sent, and I revamped my PS. I also have another ~2100 PCE hours as well. I figured that I would wait and see by mid/late July and see if the stars align. If not, I am going to the program I was accepted to.

So my question is, do I need to answer "yes" to the CASPA question of "were you previously enrolled in a PA program?" I haven't enrolled in classes, paid tuition, taken loans, etc. I have a feeling this is referring to applicants who may have left a PA program (failed, leave of absence, medical dismissal, etc) in the past.

Archived