Application timing

I need some advice in regard to when the best time for me to submit my application is. I am applying to several schools this cycle and about half of them are rolling admissions. My GPA's are on the low end and I am wondering if it is more benefical to apply as early as possible meaning like the next 3 weeks or if I should wait until my classes are finished at the end ofJune to raise my GPA. My GPA without the summer courses will be about a 3.03 cgpa and a 3.37 sgpa. I have over 14,000 hours of strong PCE as a medic and over 500 hours of volunteering. If I waited until my summer courses were done my cgpa would be a 3.07 and my sgpa a 3.41 (assuming I continue to get A's) . In addition one of the classes for the summer is Orgo1 which I feel like schools will want to see I got a good grade in. What's more important, the GPA change or applying early? I'm confident in my ability to get good grades this summer, my last 60 hours GPA is a 3.92.

I agree. Don't wait, so long as the schools you're applying to allow you to have multiple courses pending. Your GPAs are on the lower end but your PCE is outstanding and you'll stand out to programs because of the PCE. Slightly upping your GPAs isn't going to make much of a difference. 

Archived