Caspa 2019- Personal Info

Hi everyone! I was wondering whether or not its necessary to fill in the description box that asks us to describe our childhood residency. This seemed kind of odd to me. It's under the Environmental factors tab for Personal Info. What exactly are they looking for? Like how many siblings you had, if both parents worked etc ? Thanks in advance! 

I’m applying this cycle as well and figured I’ll complete anything that’s optional if I have time. It’s one more way to make you stand out, even if you don’t write anything crazy. It makes you a real human and not a Pre-PA machine defined by your GPA. 

Most of that stuff is not looked at as part of your individual application; its used by schools and the profession to generate aggregate data about their pool of applicants, populations of applicants who aren't accessing the pipeline to the profession or the program, etc.

Archived